Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah it doesn’t matter too much. It fits the same, just the power plug is on the other side. That’s a nice charging mat. Where did you get it?

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
67 Posts
Yeah it doesn’t matter too much. It fits the same, just the power plug is on the other side. That’s a nice charging mat. Where did you get it?
eBay, about £12.50 including postage.

It is around the same size as a Samsung S9 (handy as that is the phone I have), and it still works even with the Spigen Tough Armour case fitted. There is the option with this pad to trim off at either side if required.

If your USB Panel fits like mine the panel and the shelf meet as a 'V', I just wedge the pad into it and so far it has remained in situ, as has my phone.

Not sure this is of relevance to you, however, the factory installed USB/12v Panel only provides power when the key is in the ignition. I was caught out by this as my vehicle prior to this, Skoda Octavia Scout, although it lacked USB ports, both the 12v sockets in the boot and centre console provided power regardless if the key was present or not.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have a 12v to 5v usb power supply coming today that’ll I’ll stick in the second usb slot fo fast charging a phone. I may wire that one to constant power instead of switched.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
67 Posts
The plus side of sockets not being permanently powered is you can leave items plugged in and not have to worry about draining the battery if you inadvertently leave them plugged in.

As you can see from the image I posted earlier, I currently have my TomTom fast charger installed in the 12v socket. Normally, I would have this Lidl Charger and Torch in its place, not only being topped up, but is in a handy location when required.

The downside is the potential to make either your keys or vehicle vulnerable if you are not in the immediate vicinity of them; using an inflator to top up your tyres, for instance.

Swings and roundabouts...

I meant to say this earlier, keep up the good work with your postings. When it comes to people 'modding' their vehicles, I may not always admire what they are doing, but I do admire their ability to do it.

Regards,

HT

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So oddly my reverse camera is now 180 fisheye. It was never this wide before in any of the stock HU modes so I guess the HU was un distorting it. I can actually see my plate and trunk lid!
Oh well, another reason to replace it with an HD cam. Ordered this one from AliExpress.

NZ$ 25.59 25% Off | GreenYi Vehicle Rear Front Side View Camera CCD Fish Eyes Night Vision Waterproof IP68 Car Reversing Back Up Camera Universal

·
Registered
115 Posts
You call that a tech upgrade? where is your EMP protection and Cell booster? - newb :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You call that a tech upgrade? where is your EMP protection and Cell booster? - newb :p

Waiting for my Trunk Monkey

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've tried the trunk monkey and the shotgun cougar but I find that car thieves often use axe body spray and it makes me continue to feel violated for days after they break in so I have stepped up my BBQ game - bonus, axe soaked tshirts make a great accelerant.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Since I was already out testing road noise tonight I decided to see how loud the factory radio gets without distortion - KROQ was playing Detroit Rock City and I managed to hit 96.7 decibels - loud enough lol - too loud for my other electronics project :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
This AWSC-1 steering wheel controller is driving me 🥜. It has to be manually programmed for the HRV which is fine. Everything programmed fine and tested and working while in accessory mode. Turn the car on and suddenly down volume changes source and volume doesn’t do anything. Arg! They have an app for programming but it requires an additional hub. No thanks. Also their firmware updater is windows only so I guess no firmware updates for me.
I tried reprogramming the aswc1 while the car was on but not running. It wouldn’t recognize next or source no matter what. Did some googling and tomorrow I’m going to try grounding it to the chassis all by itself in case it’s getting some interference. I also tried wiring the steering wheel controls straight to the pioneer just to check if I need the interface at all but no go.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This AWSC-1 steering wheel controller is driving me 🥜. It has to be manually programmed for the HRV which is fine. Everything programmed fine and tested and working while in accessory mode. Turn the car on and suddenly down volume changes source and volume doesn’t do anything. Arg! They have an app for programming but it requires an additional hub. No thanks. Also their firmware updater is windows only so I guess no firmware updates for me.
I tried reprogramming the aswc1 while the car was on but not running. It wouldn’t recognize next or source no matter what. Did some googling and tomorrow I’m going to try grounding it to the chassis all by itself in case it’s getting some interference. I also tried wiring the steering wheel controls straight to the pioneer just to check if I need the interface at all but no go.
Alot of other people have had similar problems - Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah it’s pretty terrible. I tried grounding to the chassis but no luck. This thing should cost $10 it’s so cheaply made.
I’m going to try this one. It specifically lists the HRV so I hope it works better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Popped this guy in. looks good. Still strange that the HDMI cap has a different finish than the others. Nice QC there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You’re doing an incredible job! I didn’t know they made this floating screen! Going to look amazing when you get the routed cover in!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I give up on the aswc-1. Its a piece of junk. Ordered one of these instead
Also ordered some dynamat for the doors and a HD reverse cam. I can’t take the 240p image on a 720p screen anymore.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Nice, dynamat is too damn expensive. that’s why I only got the door speaker kits. This is a good alternative for sure.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts