Honda HR-V Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Wow, not only is he a Grammy Award winner, he's also an auto electrician!

Is there no end to The Weekends talents.......

PS Just in case it saves you (and apparently The Weedend) a whole load of hassle, I'm pretty certain I can watch videos from my thumbdrive whilst the vehicle is in motion. Not that I would......
I don’t really care about watching videos while in motion. This is not something I want to do. It’s more about the arbitrary settings and options that get disabled when the parking break is off.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
69 Posts
It’s more about the arbitrary settings and options that get disabled when the parking break is off.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is disabled when the brakes are disengaged?

I'm actually quite suprised and becoming more impressed with what the Connect system can actually do. Tonight I discovered I could use Amazon Music via Bluetooth, with track and artist listing, change track via the Connect on screen display and also via the steering wheel controls.

The only disappointment I have had with the system is the inability to use Mirrorlink for Sygic satnav, but since Samsung no longer support Mirrorlink (according to the Sygic website), that would no longer be an option available to me anyway.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
This thread is about my Pioneer headunit aftermarket install. I don’t know about the stock radio in the newer models.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hooked up my new steering wheel controller from Connect2. The Honda connector didn’t fit the HRV but that’s ok. I needed to splice it to my connector anyway. I got the main buttons working fine but still not the phone buttons. I’ve opened up a support ticket with them but I’m probably doing something wrong.
Also I really want a voice button so I’ve ordered a replacement button module with more buttons. Hopefully the new buttons are recognized.

3B9B931A-CAFD-40B8-95EA-9D7CF20E5B08.jpeg

I also received the speed pulse generator today to finally get rid of the annoying warning every time I start CarPlay. I never could find the damn wire. This one plugs into the obd2 port.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Productive Saturday. Hooked up the passenger side power fold mirror and wired the drivers properly. Thanks Bobvu for the pins! Couldn’t find the 18 pin connector anywhere and didn’t want to buy a full harness for $$$ so I chopped the connector off the old mirror And soldered it up. For the extra lanewatch wires I’ll get a separate connector. Running the power fold wires from the drivers side door to the passengers was a huge pain. While I had the door panels off I sealed the speakers with some dynamat.
Also hooked up the speed pulse generator and it works great. No more annoying pop up.
Tomorrow I might hook up the front view camera that finally showed up from AliExpress. If anyone has any tips on how to run wires from the front bumper into the cabin let me know.

Bit of a rats nest under the dash 😂

I attempted to install the auto fold/mirror module but the damn connector was wrong. The AliExpress seller says it’s for a vezel so maybe they have different power window connectors?

Oh and my wireless phone charger died. 😔

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Bit of a downgrade today. Scraped the bumper backing out of a terribly designed driveway. Managed to pop it out with a hairdryer but the paint is screwed and two clips busted off the wheel moulding. Who knew that is a $200 part.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Ordered a few goodies today. Since the auto fold module didn’t work out I’ve ordered a new one

NZ$ 27.60 22% Off | LY-LEAMORE Auto Side Mirror Folding Module For Vezel hot sell product of original car 12V

The wife wants the car to auto lock when starting the car so I found one of these obd2 devices that should do it.

NZ$ 33.53 10% Off | CHSKY Car OBD Speed Lock Fit For Honda CRV Odyssey City Spirior XRV Crider Accord Jade Vezel Auto OBD Speed Lock Car Door Lock

since I already have a speed pulse generator plugged into the obd plug I ordered a splitter
NZ$ 11.56 6% Off | 1ft 30cm OBD2 16 Pin Right Angle Splitter Y Cable Male to 2 Female Y Splitter Extension Cable

lastly my wireless phone charger finally bought it so found a new less mechanical version.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Got the lane watch camera working. It’s currently wired into the second camera input on the pioneer. Annoyingly there is no remote trigger for the second camera and you can’t switch to it when in reverse. Only way is to open the camera from the menu and toggle to cam 2. This will be resolved once I get the pac vs41 camera switcher since I will do all the switching and will only be one output to the stereo. Also the quality of the lane watch camera is terrible. I may swap the camera with something a little better like the rear view I used. I think it’ll fit fine.

I’m still struggling to get the phone buttons to work with the connect2 controller. Can figure it out for the life of me.
Sunglass holder showed up today. Typical China packaging but it did arrive a lot faster than Ali express shipping. The quality is really good and it fits perfectly.
The oh shit handle was a bit tricky to pull off but it came with the pry tools needed. There are two plastic clips to pop off with a flat head on each side. Then stick a screwdriver in the metal clips and they pop out. The fit and color is perfect.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
69 Posts
I found when installing mine the most difficult part was breaking the seal of the plastic end caps on the handle that gave access to the release mechanism. Fortunately a bit of "Oh well, here goes!" and an added dash of brute force resolved the issue.

Rather than use the supplied tools to compress the release mechanism, I followed the advice from an Amazon review and used long nosed pliers, which was a lot easier.

My thanks to you for posting your link (although I did not purchase from them), as for me this is a highly recommended and fairly straightforward ( the liberal use of brute force notwithstanding!) mod.

Regards,

HT

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Yeah I wasn’t too concerned with breaking the end caps so I wasn’t too careful. Needle nose pliers would have worked better for the metal clips. I just pried one side at a time with the screwdriver.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Finally got my pac vs41 camera switcher module and hooked it up. I may need to check my wireing because I’m getting some weird triggers. It seems you can use either a positive or negative trigger. I wasn't sure where to tap into a turn signal wire so I ran one from the side mirror flasher. Turns out to be the pink with grey dashes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Tried installing the new steering wheel switch today. Gotta say the wheel is a bitch to take apart. I finally got everything apart and plugged the switch it and tried to recognize the new buttons but they wouldn’t work. All the standard buttons still worked just not the two new ones. The switch came with a new wiring harness which I tried as well but that didn’t work either. So no idea what the issue is. Also the harness had the wrong plugs for the phone and setting controls so I can’t use it anyway.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
F37F39BA-C3A4-491A-A443-B131EE636C86.jpeg 8E5CB1A3-346A-467A-B7E9-77635AF96322.jpeg
Auto side mirror fold module showed up finally. Will install tomorrow. This should automatically open and close the side mirrors on lock/unlock.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts