Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
140 on Ebay 150 on amazon - you can mix at 30mm front spacer and 20mm rear spacer to essentially ride level if you don't tow or load up the rear.

I chose the 20mm kit and am waiting for the parts to install - along with 225 60 tires this lifts the AWD HRV about 1.6 inches total from standard - I may go to a 245 65 tire eventually which would raise it 2.6 inches total, seems like 1 inch was just short of what I need, based on bottom rubs. Typically Honda suspension geometry will be ok to 22mm or so which is .8 inch - 30mm is 1.2 inch - a 245 tire will fit on a 30mm front lift on the right offset wheel, not sure on the 20mm. But you could do a 30mm front and rear kit on the stock wheels with a 245 65 tire and get + 3 inches lift. I am trying to get just enough lift to go where I want, otherwise I'd get the 30mm lift.

The great thing is these do not affect the ride quality like changing springs or placing coil spacers in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had my eye on these for a while but I don't want to go taller without pushing the wheels out a bit, like 1/4 or 3/8 inch spacers. and advice there?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had my eye on these for a while but I don't want to go taller without pushing the wheels out a bit, like 1/4 or 3/8 inch spacers. and advice there?
It’s gonna be close where the outside edge of the tire might run the fender liner at about the half way point. Measure what kind of space you’ve got now and see if there’s room. Tutn the wheel a bit, measure, repeat until full lock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
shouldnt be as bad once the lift is installed. I meant more like putting the wheel spacers on though. some hub assemblies make it a hassle to pop new lug bolts in

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would recommend you run a different offset wheel instead of spacers but I guess it depends on how much you wants to poke out - Without modifying the fenders and perhaps clearancing the wheel wells I don't think its going to be easy to go with a taller tire than 225 60 17.

I realized on receiving them today the spacers are 20mm which means the lift will be 30mm or 1.2 inches.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can run a +45 offset wheel which would have the same effect so I’d say yes, you miight be able to go with a 225 65 17 tire and gain a little more lift maybe, I’m going to try that size next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts