Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...drive-honda-hr-v-feels-like-a-champ/26698967/

Lots to like in the review, my fav is
•It sips fuel. Our rambunctious driving didn't push it below 30 mpg.

•How thirsty? Rated 25 to 28 mpg in the city, 32 to 35 highway, 28 to 31 combined. CVT automatic transmission, front-wheel-drive (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD).
FWD, six-speed manual test vehicle registered 30.2 mpg (3.31 gal. per 100 miles) in mix of rural back roads, suburbs and high-speed highways.

So in their rambunctious driving in manual that's supposed to get 28 mpg, they still exceeded getting 30..

I"m wondering what I can get in driving efficiently in an CVT !

·
Registered
751 Posts
I like that they called the manual "sublime"... especially since some other reviewers disliked it, and said they'd rather have the CVT.

·
Registered
290 Posts
This was a confusing review. Apparently he loves the car while still intensely disliking several features (cvt, touch controls, hidden plugs, no rear visibility, cheap-looking black on black interior, poor voice recognition). I was left a bit dizzy by it all. He started out like the HRV was the pinnacle of CUV automotive evolution. Then he severely dissed several features. And then he again stated how awesomely perfect it was, and how no visibility, unusable controls, and unreachable plugs were just minor inconveniences in such a perfectly executed vehicle.

I did like that his review got the HRV out on the suburban roads. But when he called the styling "graceful, distinctive", it was a bit much to take. I think we'll all be glad when we can drive the little thing ourselves.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Great review. Thanks for posting.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...drive-honda-hr-v-feels-like-a-champ/26698967/

Lots to like in the review, my fav is
•It sips fuel. Our rambunctious driving didn't push it below 30 mpg.

•How thirsty? Rated 25 to 28 mpg in the city, 32 to 35 highway, 28 to 31 combined. CVT automatic transmission, front-wheel-drive (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD).
FWD, six-speed manual test vehicle registered 30.2 mpg (3.31 gal. per 100 miles) in mix of rural back roads, suburbs and high-speed highways.

So in their rambunctious driving in manual that's supposed to get 28 mpg, they still exceeded getting 30..

I"m wondering what I can get in driving efficiently in an CVT !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts