Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to turn in my manual VW TDI. :( I went to the dealer to purchase a Honda Civic/Civic hatchback. I LOVED the new look but the seats sat a bit too low for me (lower than my retired 2001 and teen’s 2006 Civic) and I felt awkward getting in and out of it.

And THEN, for the first time, I saw the HR-V. (What is it … a baby CR-V? Oh WOW and it gets REALLY good mpg for a crossover!) I test drove the CVT automatic and I liked the vehicle but the dealership didn’t have a manual to test.

In the following weeks I looked at the Nissan Versa Hatch (didn’t love the looks), Kia Soul (only a base model has a manual), and the Ford Focus Hatch (not feeling the interior). I test drove the Corolla iM (doesn’t come with many extras), the Mazda3 sedan (very nice and peppy but not really “me”), and the Mazda CX-3 (loved it but doesn’t offer a manual), and I TRIED to drive two different new Mazda3 hatchbacks that were on the lot. The battery was dead in both of them … WTH? The cars were jumped and stayed running for over 30 minutes but when I tried to push the gas pedal to go, the dash would blink and dim and the car would lock up. WTF?? I never did get to test drive the Madza3 2.0 or 2.5. While at the dealership I googled Mazda3 dead batteries … OH MY! I got my popcorn and promptly left the dealership. Let’s just say no Mazda for me!
So … this past Saturday I drove 3 hours from Va. to N.C. and I bought a white, manual, HR-V, EX. Yay me!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Nice! I did a similar search for a small modern stick and ended up with my EX hrv. I'm pretty sure the Mazda cx-3 does come in a manual though? I never test drove one, but that's what I read

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts