Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my 2018 HR-V AWD, it would make a very loud kazoo-like buzz when I was accelerating hard, for example merging onto a highway. The sound would come when I reached speed and lifted my foot off the gas pedal. It was like a squawking saxophone mingled with a bunch of tin pie plates being tossed down a staircase. A few years later Honda released a software patch that fixed it. It was related to the CVT belt tensioning algorithm. Honda also extended the transmission warranty. Go, Honda! Now, in 2023, when I'm driving very gently in a 25mph zone, giving the engine the tiniest sips of fuel, there's a buzzing sound that begins at 15mph and extends through to 25mph, loudest at around 20mph. I'm wondering if that may also be related to the CVT belt tension. Anyone else have that problem?

· Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
466 Posts
The usual questions apply:

How many miles?

When was the last CVT fluid change performed? (Recommend every 30 - 40,000 miles, or 3 - 4 years)

How do you know what a kazoo actually sounds like? <---that's a joke, couldn't resist :ROFLMAO: :geek:

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The usual questions apply:

How many miles?

When was the last CVT fluid change performed? (Recommend every 30 - 40,000 miles, or 3 - 4 years)

How do you know what a kazoo actually sounds like? <---that's a joke, couldn't resist :ROFLMAO: :geek:
34K miles. Rear differential fluid changed January 2021. CVT software update July 2021. Brake fluid changed January 2022. Regular oil changes. CVT fluid change not done yet. (I will set that appointment up.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts