Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently the Honda Magic Seat system can be found in the Honda Fit, but it will also be included in the Honda HRV when it hits show room floors. The system is meant to give you a lot of versatility whether you are carrying passengers, cargo or both. The system has 4 different configuration modes. Below I've illustrated each mode with pictures of the Fit to give you an idea of what it will look like.

Utility Mode folds down the 2nd row Magic Seat for optimal cargo space. On a small car like the HRV, this really opens things up for a lot of storage space.

Long Mode, as the name entails, is for fitting long objects into the car. You fold down the right side rear and front seat. This gives you the ability to fit objects up to 7 feet, 9 inches in length in the Fit. Not sure if that number will be more or less with the HRV.

Tall Mode provides you with some extra height for cargo. If you fold up the Magic Seat in the Fit, you can fit cargo up to 4 feet tall. Pretty sure that it will be even taller in the HRV.

My personal favorite mode is Refresh Mode which isn't for cargo, its for you. Take a nap or just sit and lounge. To use this mode you'll need to take off the front head rests, and fold the front seats down.

Do you think the Magic Seat system is a big draw for the HRV? Does it really differ that much from other systems in other vehicles? Do you think that you would ever use Refresh Mode?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thumb up for refresh mode! That's my most-wanted mode as well, but just as Red posted up there, the Japanese Vesel's commercial did not show refresh mode. Imo, this is very strange.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Now I just hope they don't let this go to waste. Doing promo's showing some situations where some of these configurations can be used will greatly help them and consumers. They should hire me :D

N

·
0 Posts
Dogs love magic seat

Our dog loves the magic seat allowing a much safer situation on the floor instead of elevated on the back seat or in the cargo area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Now I just hope they don't let this go to waste. Doing promo's showing some situations where some of these configurations can be used will greatly help them and consumers. They should hire me :D
Lol, Lets make HR-V forum to be the macrumors for HR-V, and Honda will support us~:D

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think this feature could make for a great commercial showing the versatility of the system and all the different set-ups that you can choose from. It could be a great selling point for Honda and the HR-V.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think this feature could make for a great commercial showing the versatility of the system and all the different set-ups that you can choose from. It could be a great selling point for Honda and the HR-V.
That's why I'm worry HRV does not have this feature ( refresh mode ).

·
Registered
741 Posts
You just rewrote what i said LOL

What was the point in that. :laugh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
The magic seat system is a big draw for me. Combined with the 6-speed manual transmission, more power than the Fit, and the economy of Honda--I have high hopes for this car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wish the HRV came out while I was still in University. Would have been great if I could nap between classes with the Refresh Mode. Scrunching up in the back seat with the seat belt docks pushing into me hurts after a while.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So versatile

The magic seats really appealed to me because of the versatility of them. I owned a truck with a cap before buying my HRV and was looking for something that could carry larger items. The height when folded down is actually taller than my truck bed. I love the magic seats!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got mine two days ago so I haven't hauled anything yet. I am able to lay flat, on an angle, with the back seats down. I'm 5'4''.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's why I'm worry HRV does not have this feature ( refresh mode ).
So i tried this out. Short story is: it didn't work.

I reclined the front passenger seat all the way back (headrest off) but the base of the rear seat extends too far forward. Ie. the front seat cannot recline flat :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
So i tried this out. Short story is: it didn't work.

I reclined the front passenger seat all the way back (headrest off) but the base of the rear seat extends too far forward. Ie. the front seat cannot recline flat :(
I think you're supposed to slide the front seat further front for it to lay/recline flat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts