Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Magic Seat / Fold Down...

:nerd: Looking at the picture with the Surf Board layed across... I take it , the back rest only collapses towards the rear,not collapse forward ??.. Does it stretch out evenly ?? Had a Jeep Compass the Front Passenger seat collapsed forward evenly with the collapsed 60/40 back seat.. Ideal for carrying 8' 2X4 lumber with Tailgate Hatch Closed..0:)

·
Registered
532 Posts
:nerd: Looking at the picture with the Surf Board layed across... I take it , the back rest only collapses towards the rear,not collapse forward ??.. Does it stretch out evenly ?? Had a Jeep Compass the Front Passenger seat collapsed forward evenly with the collapsed 60/40 back seat.. Ideal for carrying 8' 2X4 lumber with Tailgate Hatch Closed..0:)
It does not fold flat/flush like some other vehicles

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I kind of assumed it would fold forward like my Ford Fusion did, but it really doesn't matter. I went to the lumber store and was able to load up a few 2x6" 8 foot boards in with no issues and a few inches to spare.

It would be nice if the rear window opened for longer items, but oh well. I knew I wasn't really buying an SUV when I got it, I'm just happy I can get the mileage I do and still have all the space.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The magic seat system is a big draw for me. Combined with the 6-speed manual transmission, more power than the Fit, and the economy of Honda--I have high hopes for this car.
My 2016 HR-V proved to be a big winner when it came to move boxes when I helped move contents from one house and two apartments. I thought of buying the Civic Hatchback but went HR-V. Not regretting the decision

21 - 27 of 27 Posts