Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm so excited they're finally here! We got 5 of them over night. I'm checking them out right now. I'm currently uploading a video to YouTube I took as I first saw them and checked them out. I'll post a link once it's up. I used a decibel meter to measure interior noise on our short drive to the gas station and back (20-30mph) and it averaged 54db. More to come. Ask me anything!

The video is up now: http://youtu.be/xHxPtSJa6F0

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm so excited they're finally here! We got 5 of them over night. I'm checking them out right now. I'm currently uploading a video to YouTube I took as I first saw them and checked them out. I'll post a link once it's up. I used a decibel meter to measure interior noise on our short drive to the gas station and back (20-30mph) and it averaged 54db. More to come. Ask me anything!
Interior pics of one with light grey fabric please, non-leather, including the front dash, seats, and rear cargo :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interior pics of one with light grey fabric please, non-leather, including the front dash, seats, and rear cargo
This will be best showed in my video I'm uploading. I'll get some pics as well shortly for you.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hurray Jeff! Thanks for what you have posted so far! Can't wait to get more, keep them coming!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Compare seat height to the CRV...
I just compared the LX HRV seat height with the touring CRV. It's not as simple as comparing a single height on the seat. Due to the unique magic seat design of the HRV, I feel that the floor was lower than the CRV. With the seats adjusted all the way down in both vehicles, I found the HRV seat to be slightly lower, however the seat side bolsters were much taller. There also felt to be a larger gap between the exterior of the HRV and where you sit vs. the CRV. Meaning you need to slide an extra inch or two into the vehicle. Either way I found it extremely easy and comfortable to get in and out of and will not hesitate to recommend the HRV to those folks (often with health concerns) that need something easy to get in and out of.
Also worth noting that I found the foam on the HRV seats to be extremely soft and comfy. Or at least softer than expected.
Pics for comparison: (top HRV bottom CRV)

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Jeff, I'd be interested in something I wasn't able to check out at the NYC auto show. One annoying feature on my Soul is that the seat height adjustment actually changes the seat bottom cushion angle - kind of tilting the bottom. I'm wondering if the HRV manual height adjustment does the same thing, or does it purely raise and lower the seat?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interior pics of one with light grey fabric please, non-leather, including the front dash, seats, and rear cargo
Although those front seat bolsters are tall (Keeps you snug while you hug those corners) the foam is pleasingly soft!

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeff, I'd be interested in something I wasn't able to check out at the NYC auto show. One annoying feature on my Soul is that the seat height adjustment actually changes the seat bottom cushion angle - kind of tilting the bottom. I'm wondering if the HRV manual height adjustment does the same thing, or does it purely raise and lower the seat?
It's not drastic, but I did notice a slight "forward tilt" when raised high, and a more tilted back lower right feel when all the way down. Again, it's not a huge difference.
I cranked the seat all the way up on an EXL (with a lower roof because of moonroof) and my head was touching the ceiling. (I'm 6ft). That's totaly unrealistic though because personally (and I'm sure with most tall people) I like to keep my seat low.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! Also interested in your purely personal reaction to the light interior. In pictures it's yuch. What's it like in person?
In general, I'm not a fan of light interiors. And to be honest, this is my least favorite light interior of any Honda. It could most likely be due to the entire upper half of the doors front and back being light cloth. Sure it's soft and most likely won't burn your skin of it's been sitting in the sun. But holy crap that looks like it'll get crazy dirty over the years and look like nastyness. Of course only time would tell in that situation.
Needless to say if I ever bought an HRV, you can bet your sweet granny it'll have black interior.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just compared the LX HRV seat height with the touring CRV. It's not as simple as comparing a single height on the seat. Due to the unique magic seat design of the HRV, I feel that the floor was lower than the CRV. With the seats adjusted all the way down in both vehicles, I found the HRV seat to be slightly lower, however the seat side bolsters were much taller. There also felt to be a larger gap between the exterior of the HRV and where you sit vs. the CRV. Meaning you need to slide an extra inch or two into the vehicle. Either way I found it extremely easy and comfortable to get in and out of and will not hesitate to recommend the HRV to those folks (often with health concerns) that need something easy to get in and out of.
Also worth noting that I found the foam on the HRV seats to be extremely soft and comfy. Or at least softer than expected.
Pics for comparison: (top HRV bottom CRV)
Thanks!
Just the info I was looking for.
You're the best. I would totally buy from you!:D

1 - 20 of 101 Posts