Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Actually my whole entry system is messed up... I have a hard time getting in the driver side door sometimes or in the hatch.. I have a appointment tomorrow.
Anyways It does not from the drivers side but it does from the passengers side. The passengers side opens all doors. I think they just messed it up setting it up.
Yes, in the US anyway - if you use your fob and open the passenger door, all the doors unlock. That's what's supposed to happen. Sorry your having issues, I'm sure they will fix it for you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
There is they asked me that when they went to set up my car for pickup.. They asked me if I wanted it to just open the drivers door or all doors and I asked for all doors.
So they WERE able to program your car/fob so that when you key-lessly open the driver side door, all of the doors unlock? This IS what I thought was possible, but nobody seems to know. I am in the US, are you? Thank you so very much.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So they WERE able to program your car/fob so that when you key-lessly open the driver side door, all of the doors unlock? This IS what I thought was possible, but nobody seems to know. I am in the US, are you? Thank you so very much.
I am in the U.S. Wish it showed up in our profile..
Anyway no it is not something is messed up, it does from the passengers door when I touch the button.. One of the reasons I am taking it in plus the lights in the drivers side controls in the armrest do not work. I have only had the car a week.

I will ask tomorrow since they are supposed to fix the issue with the drivers side door not unlocking or the hatch sometimes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Anyway no it is not something is messed up, it does from the passengers door when I touch the button.. One of the reasons I am taking it in plus the lights in the drivers side controls in the armrest do not work. I have only had the car a week.

I will ask tomorrow since they are supposed to fix the issue with the drivers side door not unlocking or the hatch sometimes.
Hi Shred. You can add your location and other info by TOOLS - USER CP - EDIT YOUR DETAILS then scroll down the page.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts

What you describe is the way it's supposed to work: Driver door unlocks driver door; passenger door unlocks all. I'll be surprised if a dealer can change this, but if they can, please ask them HOW. This isn't an issue that bothers me, but it does bother some.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What you describe is the way it's supposed to work: Driver door unlocks driver door; passenger door unlocks all. I'll be surprised if a dealer can change this, but if they can, please ask them HOW. This isn't an issue that bothers me, but it does bother some.
Well the service guy looked at me confused but siad he would look into it, Maybe the sales man was wrong or said it wrong.

Anyway the reason I took it in is because the key-less was not working sometimes.. I would go to unlock the hatch and it would beep once and the door would not open, the fob would show a red light when I did it. Sometimes it did not beep, this was also happening on the drivers side. I bring it in and it works, figures but right before I left it stopped working again. I also took it in because the light in the arm rest was not working.

Honestly I have not had to bring a car in for service for so long. I am a little worried about the quality control of Honda. They were giving me a brand new civic as a loaner and had issues with that. 1/2 hour late to work because of that.

Another thing I really feel this dealer is lying about the amount of HR-V's they have. I have been watching for months and never over three on the lot listed on the web. Finely I pull the plug and I do not like the color they have for the model I want. He tells me like two weeks before they get another color. We could have swore they had more on the lot at the time. Anyway since we bought I have seen several new ones listed on the site. Today I drove through and counted 8 and web still says 3 in inventory. It has not even been a week and a half.

My experience with Honda is not so good right now, this is my first Honda. I have been a Ford person. I do like the HR-V it was a perfect fit for us right now and a good price for what you get. I am just a little worried about Honda right now.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Switch the door handles ... VOILA!

Seriously, p. 31, pdf version of the Owner's Manual, that's the way it works.

Prius gives you the option. Owner can program driver's door handle to open driver's door only or all doors and tailgate.
I know, I know ... you're tired of hearing about my damned Prius! :)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Well the service guy looked at me confused but siad he would look into it, Maybe the sales man was wrong or said it wrong.

Anyway the reason I took it in is because the key-less was not working sometimes.. I would go to unlock the hatch and it would beep once and the door would not open, the fob would show a red light when I did it. Sometimes it did not beep, this was also happening on the drivers side.
Old joke:

Q: What's the difference between a computer salesman and a used car salesman?
A: The used car salesman knows when he is lying.

With more and more functions being handled by software, the difference between the two is blurring.

Re opening the hatch: There are two buttons:

Press and hold hold the hatch release button, then lift. If you just press and release, the latch may unlock, but not actually unlatch. Try to avoid lifting the hatch using the rear-view camera, or you will break it off.

Re the driver door, approach the door, wait one second, then pull on the handle, and should unlock and open. As far as I am aware, the rear hatch doesn't require the one second wait; it should unlock immediately.

If yours doesn't work this way, then the dealer needs to check. I have had no issues with this since day 1.

Unfortunately, dealer relationships are all over the place, and I have read some horror stories here. My experience from pre-order through delivery and follow-up has been outstanding — the best I have had since purchasing my first new car (a Honda) in 1970. If you feel they aren't treating you right, contact U.S. Honda — dealers hate it when corporate HQ gets on their case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I may 'hijack' this thread, I have a question about a keyless EX function:

With the car running, how do I switch the motor off but leave the accessories powered on?

With a keyed car, you just turn the key back one position. How does this work with the keyless option on the EX trim?

Thanks!
Dale

·
Registered
5 Posts

With the car running, how do I switch the motor off but leave the accessories powered on?

With a keyed car, you just turn the key back one position. How does this work with the keyless option on the EX trim?

Thanks!
Dale
I think that only way to do that is turn the car off and then push start button without pressing brak pedal...

·
Registered
454 Posts
They said only from the passengers side, it is a safety feature.
Yea, and for the customers benefit. :rolleyes:

Give the customer the option to make their own decision.......poor design by Honda.
Don't know how many times I've been burned by this silly "safety feature".

·
Registered
929 Posts

Thanks!
Dale
I think there is a couple of ways and was discussed in another thread few weeks ago.
Try leaving it in Neutral and then press the Push Stat/Off button to shut the engine.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

Thanks!
Dale
Or my fav, just hold in the button on the shifter when you push the start/stop on the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nothing is impossible, locked the FOB inside the HRV

Somehow my wife managed to put her purse in the trunk, close the trunk and have all the doors lock with the FOB Inside. Altough stated in the owner's manual and by several people on this thread that is not possible, she managed to do it. Don't know how she did it, I had to get the second remote to be able to access the car.

I think Honda engineers should give her a call to figure out how to full proof the keyless entry system!

41 - 60 of 82 Posts