Honda HR-V Forum banner

This Is the Engine we NEED!!!!!

17K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  HRV 
#1 ·
Ok maybe NEED is strong, but it would certainly be satisfying.

New Civic Type R using a 2.0T VTEC 4 makes 278 hp. Even a subtle 250 in the HR-V would be perrrrrrrrfectt......

C'mon Honda ;)

#14 ·
Acura management is super conservative now a days and they would never put in this engine since it would get the entire company back from where it is now!

They just too stupid to think out of the box and realized buyers want such a turbocharge SUV! Acura will just stick with the boring design and middle of the road vehicles like they have been doing for the past 10 year or more. They cannot even change the beak front grill!

#15 ·
I agree. I understand if they don't want to go too crazy with features, tech, etc that would jack up the price of their cars, instead saying in the entry-level range and dominating that... but even when it comes to entry-level luxury... they wouldn't be the first I go to.

#22 ·
I just hope that Honda puts out a more exciting engine than lets say a 2014 Mazda CX-5. Lately, it's been hard to want to purchase a Honda since they haven't put out any exciting engines to drive. Besides the civic si, honda is behind in providing the driver with a fun driving experience.

I might have to wait for the acura version of the HRV to get an engine with some power. I do like fuel economy but i do also like a fun drive.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.