Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd create a thread, where you can post in CAPS, big colorful fonts, letters, gifs, whatever when one of the following occur...

1. Your dealer notified you they have HR-Vs in stock.

2. You got to test drive one.

And most importantly...

3. YOU BOUGHT ONE!!! YAY!!!

Good luck everyone. Hope to see many posts in here over the weekend! :) :) :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Cardinal Honda in New London CT just told me they get their first HRV today. This is the same dealership that earlier told somebody they'd arrive in June.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dealer called me and said theirs are in! Will be going there at 4:45 this afternoon to check them out! Woohoo!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cardinal Honda in New London CT just told me they get their first HRV today. This is the same dealership that earlier told somebody they'd arrive in June.
That's good news scooter! Knew better not to trust anything anyone said until now. Are you going to check it out?

·
Registered
738 Posts
While you guys will be getting your HR-V's very soon, thinking through first modifications/accessories will be a good thing to do.

Paint protection is a must!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While you guys will be getting your HR-V's very soon, thinking through first modifications/accessories will be a good thing to do.

Paint protection is a must!
The only thing that interests me right now is the all-weather mats, although I will probably purchase that separately unless they offer a discount to include it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay I am back from a my dealer appointment.

They had 6 in stock, ranging from a white LX Manual to a black AWD EXL. Other colors they had included the silver and the dark grey. Apparently this dealer is the first in Southern California to get HR-Vs, and apparently, they are for sale starting this evening. However, while they had my first choice of color I wanted (Silver) it wasn't in the trim I wanted. But they had the trim I wanted (LX), but not the color, as instead it was black.

So I test drove the black LX (CVT). First thing I wanted to gauge was the head and leg room, since I was 6'1", and when I did this, the dealer showed me something I didn't know it had, a lever that rises and lowers the entire seat, and I noticed the height could be adjusted up or down by several inches with that. So perhaps those who are having issues with seat height sat in one and didn't realize this adjustment was available. At any rate: PLENTY of head room after the adjustment. The EX and EXL, which I sat in as well, by the way, had lower ceilings due to the sunroof, but the rise/lower level brought my head down to a couple of inches away from the ceiling of those. The leg room was similar to my 2013 FIT, a bit longer perhaps, probably by about an inch. My legs and knees did not touch anything or even close to anything (as suggested by another poster in this forum). I was very comfortable.

The CVT was not noisy at all, although I didn't take it on the freeway. But I went from 0-40 in varying speeds around several blocks, and it was as quiet as I've ever had a vehicle. No problem there. I also noticed an ECON button, and am curious if anyone knows whether the advertised gas mileage is what it would be in ECON or without ECON mode. The dealer didn't seem to know.

As far as overall looks, I love the signature "fin" on the top, where the antenna is, separating it from all other Honda makes (it was what made me instantly recognize it upon entering the dealership). Also the size of the vehicle is bigger than I anticipated. I guess in my mind I was thinking it would be a lot smaller than a standard SUV. I suppose it still is, but it still looks like an SUV. Not at all like a FIT. As far as the interior, it was very nice, yes, even the light grey with the knobs for the LX. The pictures posted earlier didn't do it justice, in my opinion.

Price. They had the standard Honda MSRP sticker on the LX, which I'll post below. I noticed this particular LX also had add ons listed, bringing up the price, which was in a separate sticker. I told my dealer that I would not be wanting those add ons, and he said it wouldn't be a problem.

They are getting another shipment tonight and a third Friday. So I told him I'll wait until they have my color in LX (or the grey, green, or blue) and to give me a call when it arrives and I'm on it.

Pictures:

·
Registered
109 Posts
TWO LOCALS have HR-V

Heard from two dealers (Nor Cal) that have the cars on their lots. Might go see tomorrow IF I can swing getting off work early....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts