Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi HRV Team,

It's been a couple weeks since I filled with gas and I'm only at 60% gas level. The tighten fuel cap message came up when I started the car this morning. No issues on shut down yesterday evening. No changes or touches to the fuel cap in a couple of weeks. Of course, I unscrewed and rightened the cap, multiple clicks, multiple times. Does this clear on its own or recommend a dealer visit? Anyone else? I have 2019 HRV.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Unless you have a bigger issue, the error will not go away until you have driven 5-10 minutes after re-tightening the gas cap. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
262 Posts
Unless you have a bigger issue, the error will not go away until you have driven 5-10 minutes after re-tightening the gas cap.
Actually, the gas cap message (an EVAP fault) usually takes several DRIVE CYCLES to either SET or CLEAR. Be patient.

If you are tempted to replace the cap, the genuine Honda part is recommended.

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
88 Posts
I had the light come on last week. I shut the car off, gave the cap a couple of clicks. When I re-started it, the light was off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I change my gas cap and my radiator cap with OEM ones @ 60K miles. The pressure seals will eventually fail on both. Cheap insurance. I usually get mine from online genuine Honda parts stores which are usually cheaper than dealerships.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts