Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2020 Sport. The other morning went to leave and the mirrors covered in dew. Where is the heated mirror switch? I RTFM and all I could find was the heated windshield no mirrors? Also is there a rear window de-fogger? Switch?

Down on the bottom left there is a switch near the Econo that looks like some sort of parking assist? No idea.

Gosh it it rough being old and dealing with technology. I can recall owning an automatic was a big deal.

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
34 Posts
I have a new 2020 Sport. The other morning went to leave and the mirrors covered in dew. Where is the heated mirror switch? I RTFM and all I could find was the heated windshield no mirrors? Also is there a rear window de-fogger? Switch?

Down on the bottom left there is a switch near the Econo that looks like some sort of parking assist? No idea.

Gosh it it rough being old and dealing with technology. I can recall owning an automatic was a big deal.
Isn't it the same as the rear defrost switch?

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Sport
14 Posts

Look at the bottom of your centre display on the extreme right side. You will see an icon for the Rear window and outside mirrors (combined).

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
34 Posts
The Feature: Standard on all HR-V models are power side mirrors. ... Side mirrors on EX and above models are heated for all-weather driving convenience.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Unless Bill has something unique with his Canadian 2020 Sport, all the Canadian HRV's I have seen have the same auto touchscreen HVAC system.
Even the Canadian 2021's I have seen at the dealer appeared to have exactly the same HVAC system as our 2016.

Our Canadian 2016 base model LX model has the auto touchscreen HVAC system, heated windshield and heated mirrors.
These features were standard with the 2016 Canadian LX and this appears to still be the case.
This is not the case with all US HRV's and likely not the case with the British HRV's. :)

This is our Canadian 2016 LX HRV below. It matches the Honda user manual that Justin posted above.

There is one touchscreen button for both the rear window defroster and the mirror heaters.
Far right on the bottom of the HVAC touchscreen display labelled "REAR".
There are 2 icons on the 1 button as Justin mentioned above.
Car Vehicle Automotive design Gear shift Satellite radio

Reactions: justin7122

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
580 Posts
According to the Owners Manual (UK) there are 5 Buttons and a dial located there (not in any particular order);

1. VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) this will have the image of a car and some shoogly lines under it indicating a vehicle in a skid. This is automatically left on. Press and hold until you hear a beep to switch off. An amber vehicle in a skid image will appear on the dash to indicate the system is OFF. It automatically reverts to ON the next time you switch the engine ON.
2. Parking Senson System Button. This is where you switch the sensor off or on. Showing a permanent green light indicates the system is active. Just depress to switch off, I have a towbar for my bike rack and it gets triggered when I reverse.
3. Lane Departure Warning Button. Image of a Car diagonally across two straight lines. As with the Parking Sensors, a permanent green light showing indicates the system is On. This can be switched off.
4. ECON Button. Big green button with a white tulip like emblem. Activate this is for apparently better fuel consumption. I have this switched off and the car runs a lot more smoother.
5. Ultrasonic Alarm Button. Depress this before exiting the vehicle if you wish to switch OFF the motion sensors in your vehicle, but you still want the alarm on. Useful if you wish to leave a pet in the vehicle (for very short periods obviously!).
DIAL.Headlight Adjuster. (Possibly not available in NA markets) A rotating dial with numbers 0 - 3 for adjusting the vertical angle of the low beamheadlights. Leave it at 0 when the vehicle is loaded two up and their luggage. Bang it up to 3 for when you are carrying a rugby team and their wives!

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Sport
14 Posts
Unless Bill has something unique with his Canadian 2020 Sport, all the Canadian HRV's I have seen have the same auto touchscreen HVAC system.
Even the Canadian 2021's I have seen at the dealer appeared to have exactly the same HVAC system as our 2016.

Our Canadian 2016 base model LX model has the auto touchscreen HVAC system, heated windshield and heated mirrors.
These features were standard with the 2016 Canadian LX and this appears to still be the case.
This is not the case with all US HRV's and likely not the case with the British HRV's. :)

This is our Canadian 2016 LX HRV below. It matches the Honda user manual that Justin posted above.

There is one touchscreen button for both the rear window defroster and the mirror heaters.
Far right on the bottom of the HVAC touchscreen display labelled "REAR".
There are 2 icons on the 1 button as Justin mentioned above.
View attachment 32509
2019 is the same as I advised Bill, 2020 will also be the same.

·
Registered
372 Posts
2019 is the same as I advised Bill, 2020 will also be the same.
Is the HVAC touchscreen on your 2019 Canadian HRV Sport the same as our Canadian 2016 HRV LX as I posted with a picture above?

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
88 Posts
According to the Owners Manual (UK) there are 5 Buttons and a dial located there (not in any particular order);

1. VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) this will have the image of a car and some shoogly lines under it indicating a vehicle in a skid. This is automatically left on. Press and hold until you hear a beep to switch off. An amber vehicle in a skid image will appear on the dash to indicate the system is OFF. It automatically reverts to ON the next time you switch the engine ON.
2. Parking Senson System Button. This is where you switch the sensor off or on. Showing a permanent green light indicates the system is active. Just depress to switch off, I have a towbar for my bike rack and it gets triggered when I reverse.
3. Lane Departure Warning Button. Image of a Car diagonally across two straight lines. As with the Parking Sensors, a permanent green light showing indicates the system is On. This can be switched off.
4. ECON Button. Big green button with a white tulip like emblem. Activate this is for apparently better fuel consumption. I have this switched off and the car runs a lot more smoother.
5. Ultrasonic Alarm Button. Depress this before exiting the vehicle if you wish to switch OFF the motion sensors in your vehicle, but you still want the alarm on. Useful if you wish to leave a pet in the vehicle (for very short periods obviously!).
DIAL.Headlight Adjuster. (Possibly not available in NA markets) A rotating dial with numbers 0 - 3 for adjusting the vertical angle of the low beamheadlights. Leave it at 0 when the vehicle is loaded two up and their luggage. Bang it up to 3 for when you are carrying a rugby team and their wives!
Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wheel

This is the USA headlight adjust :cool: Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I have created a lot of discussion and a lot of good info. Yesterday I go to take a pic of the dash. Well i be damn if someone has not put a rear window defroster button on the lower right. From discussion above it also powers the heat mirrors. I must say I am not overly impressed by this layout. Other than giving the auto control and separate temps it is a distraction. The good old three knobs in my Fit worked quite well.

Now if I could only remember all the functions of the buttons on the right hand side of the wheel. I read and forget. It comes with ageing .

Thanks everyone for all your comments and help

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
34 Posts
Well I have created a lot of discussion and a lot of good info. Yesterday I go to take a pic of the dash. Well i be damn if someone has not put a rear window defroster button on the lower right. From discussion above it also powers the heat mirrors. I must say I am not overly impressed by this layout. Other than giving the auto control and separate temps it is a distraction. The good old three knobs in my Fit worked quite well.

Now if I could only remember all the functions of the buttons on the right hand side of the wheel. I read and forget. It comes with ageing .

Thanks everyone for all your comments and help
It actually comes from listening to Jimmy Buffet and drinking too many margaritas :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts