Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was hoping tomorrow would be the day we would hear some specifics but the closer we are the less confident I am. I expect we will hear the name "HR-V" mentioned during the presser but I doubt we will get specifics. I will be interested in the words around the name. Is it still
"coming the Spring" or will it be "later this year"? Or something else?

Hondanews.com has a link for the video of the press conference for the Pilot. I wish us all luck and hopefully we will learn something, anything.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Well I was hoping tomorrow would be the day we would hear some specifics but the closer we are the less confident I am. I expect we will hear the name "HR-V" mentioned during the presser but I doubt we will get specifics. I will be interested in the words around the name. Is it still
"coming the Spring" or will it be "later this year"? Or something else?

Hondanews.com has a link for the video of the press conference for the Pilot. I wish us all luck and hopefully we will learn something, anything.
I also have little hope as for info tomorrow. I still think the Mexican situation has thrown Honda off track on a normal roll out. They will never admit that, of course.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Summer gives us plenty of time to go test drive the alternatives before we decide. In order of arrival at showrooms as best I can tell...

Kia Soul : in stock now - 1.5 turbo hot performer coming this fall?
Nissan Juke : In stock now. Nismo Juke NISMO is a hot performer.
Honda Fit : In stock now. Take a test drive of HRV's little brother.

Jeep Renegade : In stock March. You can configure and price now.
Fiat 500X : In stock March? Renegade's better-looking sister.

Mazda CX3 : Who knows? As much of a mystery as the HRV.
Honda HRV : who knows? The Fit was something like 6 months late because of quality.

Did I leave anybody out?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I agree with Shu, I think they're be a mention in general terms, but they probably don't want to steal the thunder away from the Pilot. Maybe something like "Out new Pilot joins our award winning light truck line up, the CR-V SUV of the year, the new HR-V coming this ???, and upcoming new Ridgeline...blah blah blah."

·
Registered
805 Posts
With apparent scant "real knowledge," yesterday a local salesperson said, "We were told May, but I think it will be at least June."

I was in for our 2003 CR-V Takata air bag recall, and was informed "the new CR-V is a lot more car than the HR-V ... it's based on the little FIT, you know."

Pilot, Ridgeline ... then maybe the HR-V?

HR-V Forum Folks are the only ones in a hurry ... tails wagging, tongues hanging out, panting?

·
Registered
632 Posts
With apparent scant "real knowledge," yesterday a local salesperson said, "We were told May, but I think it will be at least June."

I was in for our 2003 CR-V Takata air bag recall, and was informed "the new CR-V is a lot more car than the HR-V ... it's based on the little FIT, you know."

Pilot, Ridgeline ... then maybe the HR-V?

HR-V Forum Folks are the only ones in a hurry ... tails wagging, tongues hanging out, panting?
Sounds like a case of them wanting to sell you a CR-V today rather than letting you wait for the HR-V.

In any case, waiting until June may not be an option for me, my car is going to need a new clutch to the tune of $2,000 and new brake rotors. I'm nursing it along right now and I'm not sure how much longer it'll hold out. The car is only worth about $2,000 to begin with, so I don't really want to dump a ton of money into it just before getting a new car :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Nothing learned about the HRV. Oh well. The one nugget I heard was that they are ramping up Fit production in Mexico. That must mean that they are building confidence in the plant and product.

I did find this video review from Malasia - http://paultan.org/2015/02/12/honda-hr-v-walk-around-video/

However I did read the Pilot Press release at hondanews.com and it says "This Spring" for the HR-V in the last paragraph.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Anyone else notice when the guy emphasized Honda "quality" when talking about the HR-V? Maybe the hold up really is because they're doing some sort of white glove test to make sure the HR-V doesn't have the same launch problems as the Fit.

·
Registered
316 Posts
There is aguy on facebook that is a salesman on honda dealers and he said march at the latest to hit showrooms
I would be schocked if it was that early. I can not find any evidence online that the HR-V has actually started production in the Celaya Mexico plant. If production has started I would think therre would have been an annoucemnet someplace or at least a leak someplace. It is now mid February and they will need several months of production to build enough to ship out to the dealers.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I would be schocked if it was that early. I can not find any evidence online that the HR-V has actually started production in the Celaya Mexico plant. If production has started I would think therre would have been an annoucemnet someplace or at least a leak someplace. It is now mid February and they will need several months of production to build enough to ship out to the dealers.
Agree.

·
Registered
290 Posts
..(Anyone else notice when the guy emphasized Honda "quality")

Well, the first rule of sales is to shamelessly present a sow as a silk purse, and look sincere doing it. Honda "quality" has been a standing joke in the industry for the last decade.

On the other hand, it might be a case of the drunk promising that, this time around, things will be different.

Still, I'm going to give Honda more than a fair shot at my dollar. I really want to like the HRV. I'll be first in line for a test drive, whenever that is.

s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like a case of them wanting to sell you a CR-V today rather than letting you wait for the HR-V.

In any case, waiting until June may not be an option for me, my car is going to need a new clutch to the tune of $2,000 and new brake rotors. I'm nursing it along right now and I'm not sure how much longer it'll hold out. The car is only worth about $2,000 to begin with, so I don't really want to dump a ton of money into it just before getting a new car :(
Are you me? I'm in the same situation. At least I don't commute right now.
Like Scooter says, I want to like the HR-V ~ but only the test drive will mean anything in reality.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too am nursing an older car waiting on this release. And honestly, I am getting impatient. The more I read of delays from the "Spring" release and into Summer, the more I am looking at other vehicles. I've always loved my Hondas, but right now they don't have a vehicle that meets my needs... which means Subaru for me. I was told sales in April at the Philadelphia Auto Show... if they don't follow through with that it just might be a loss of a sale for Honda with me. I am sure that my sale isn't important to Honda, but surely I won't be the only one walking away from the brand over this.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I too am nursing an older car waiting on this release. And honestly, I am getting impatient. The more I read of delays from the "Spring" release and into Summer, the more I am looking at other vehicles. I've always loved my Hondas, but right now they don't have a vehicle that meets my needs... which means Subaru for me. I was told sales in April at the Philadelphia Auto Show... if they don't follow through with that it just might be a loss of a sale for Honda with me. I am sure that my sale isn't important to Honda, but surely I won't be the only one walking away from the brand over this.
I agree. I believe Honda has already lost sales to the Renegade which can be ordered now and has been seen at every single auto show.

And when the CX-3 is reviewed against HRV, automotive writers will be choosing that because most of them prefer sporty handing and more power. Other Mazdas succeeded in being rated higher by them for that reason in past comparison tests. (I wouldn't be choosing the CX-3 myself because of it's low level of utility).

Not to say the HRV won't be a hit when it does eventually come out, but it has lost a lot initially.

While I am on a rant.....I wish Honda would just be more transparent and say right out about the recent drop in quality and assure us of the reason for delay is "we want to make sure it is right before you get it." I would be more understanding about the delay then. (I know, I know....standard practice is to never admit fault).

·
Registered
316 Posts
I agree. I believe Honda has already lost sales to the Renegade ...
Not to say the HRV won't be a hit when it does eventually come out, but it has lost a lot initially.
Not to mention the Chevy Trax which I have seen on the road and I just did an inventory search and found 24 across three dealers in my area.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well now there are no major car show until NY in early April. I think they will launch the car when they are ready, regardless of the auto show schedule. They might debut the Ridgeline there.

Keep an eye out on the hondanews.com site. That seems like that will be the first place they will put the press release. They call the HR-V "highly anticipated" so I think a social media blitz wouldn't be a surprise either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts