Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my wife and I went out to learn the EX-L navi system and voice commands (yes, we are geeks). I guess that we left the car in Auxiliary too long as this morning the car wouldn't start!

Anyway, I gave the car a jump and it started but now I have the ABS, TPMS, Power Steering, Traction Control, and several brake system lights on. :(:(

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I assume I will have to to call a dealer tomorrow. This is really annoying - I am not too upset about the dead battery (personally think they should cut you off before it gets too low) but why should I have all of these problems post jump?

Thanks!

·
Registered
532 Posts
On my car when the battery dies and you jump it, all the lights come on and stay on until you drive around for a bit. Like the system needs to "reset" or something. Try a short drive around the neighborhood and see if it solves the lights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys! Thanks for the ideas! I did as you guys suggested and went on a 10 mile drive. One by one the lights eventually went out except for the power steering light. I then went home and powered everything off. On the next start I have no warning lights!

I guess you are right - some type of reset was needed. I have never had this before but I am glad I know now I guess. I am happy that I had purchased a mini battery jumper that is the size of the palm of my hand. It easily jumped it from 100% dead and fits nicely in the spare tire area.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey guys! Thanks for the ideas! I did as you guys suggested and went on a 10 mile drive. One by one the lights eventually went out except for the power steering light. I then went home and powered everything off. On the next start I have no warning lights!

I guess you are right - some type of reset was needed. I have never had this before but I am glad I know now I guess. I am happy that I had purchased a mini battery jumper that is the size of the palm of my hand. It easily jumped it from 100% dead and fits nicely in the spare tire area.
What brand and model number of mini battery jumper did you get? I am thinking of getting one just in case battery dies also.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I agree with HRVOH on the portable power pack......can be a huge life saver.

I purchased an XP-10......mainly for my motorcycle but I can also use it on the cars when needed.

More expensive than some other models but this thing is unreal......I pulled the cables off my RAV4 to test it and it fired up the vehicle over and over again.
Such a powerhouse for a small device. 600 Amp capability! I would of never believed it until I tried it myself on how well it works.

Also doubles as a USB charger for all portables.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea I want one too! Thats a great emergency device that would go well with my portable air compressor, another thing which I've used way more than I thought I would!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Last night my wife and I went out to learn the EX-L navi system and voice commands (yes, we are geeks). I guess that we left the car in Auxiliary too long as this morning the car wouldn't start!

Anyway, I gave the car a jump and it started but now I have the ABS, TPMS, Power Steering, Traction Control, and several brake system lights on. :(:(

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I assume I will have to to call a dealer tomorrow. This is really annoying - I am not too upset about the dead battery (personally think they should cut you off before it gets too low) but why should I have all of these problems post jump?

Thanks!
I was sitting in the car for less than thirty minutes yesterday. I had the auxiliary feature on so I could listen to the radio. Eventually the radio cut off and it was weird, but I started the car and all was well. Later (several hours) I started the car and all those lights came on, just as you listed. Drove around and they eventually all went off but one, which went off the next time the car was turned off and turned back on. Very weird. Went and had the battery tested and codes read (there were none and battery was fine). I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.
http://www.hrvforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
435 Posts
I was sitting in the car for less than thirty minutes yesterday. I had the auxiliary feature on so I could listen to the radio. Eventually the radio cut off and it was weird, but I started the car and all was well. Later (several hours) I started the car and all those lights came on, just as you listed. Drove around and they eventually all went off but one, which went off the next time the car was turned off and turned back on. Very weird. Went and had the battery tested and codes read (there were none and battery was fine). I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.
Crazy that you only had it on for 30 minutes to cause all of that. I haven't done this in the HRV, but on my previous cars, I would have the stereo on while detailing the car after a car wash. I've gone an hour plus before and no issues. Again, that is on older Honda's and a VW.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Crazy that you only had it on for 30 minutes to cause all of that. I haven't done this in the HRV, but on my previous cars, I would have the stereo on while detailing the car after a car wash. I've gone an hour plus before and no issues. Again, that is on older Honda's and a VW.
I am hoping it is a fluke and doesn't happen again. I also like to listen to the radio in auxiliary mode so I hope it isn't some sort of issue. If it happens again it's going back to the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't understand how the Aux being on drained the battery. I have the Ex with the push button start and when you push it once it puts it in the Aux mode. It will automatically turn off in exactly one hour. Did you push it twice and have all the dash lights on? That would be like the on mode in the old key systems not the Aux setting. The horn will beep rapidly a few times if you walk away with it on.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Does anyone know what "left the car in auxiliary" means?

·
Registered
772 Posts
It's the mode where the car isn't on, but you can still listen to the radio, etc

With a key car, it'd be the first click position.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try the alternator.

Just had similar with a Civic, Had all sorts of warning lights on for EPS, ABS, SRS etc.

Fitted new alternator, instantly all faults cleared and everything has been fine for a couple of months now.

A reputable garage or parts store would be able to test it for you or there are vids on youtube to show you how to test it yourself with a multimeter (only a few £ or $ to buy one)

Two 'mechanics' told me it was an ABS wheel sensor fault..... nope! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dash Blinking

Just went to go turn on my 2016 HRV and all of a sudden everything on the dash just started blinking and then everything shut off.

My dad came over to jump start the car and luckily the car started. There are some icons on the dash that won’t go away and I cannot get the parking break light to go away. (Yes I put on my seat belt to try to turn it off)

I have attached a photo of the icons left on the dash.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? I already have an appointment with Honda on Monday for an oil change and inspection sticker.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts