Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
It certainly needs to go in but in the meantime try this. Pull off the negative cable on the battery under the hood, wait 20 minutes and reconnect. See if that resets the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This just happened to me about an hour ago and I was able to get it on video. My dad was able to jump my car so it is now turning on.

Did you end up talking to Honda? I already have an appointment on Monday for an oil change/inspection sticker.

Did you feel like the drive after the “meltdown” was safe? I’m not sure how I feel driving it around alone as my husband is currently working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All warning lights are on

Driving home last night and all the warning lights suddenly came on in my Honda HRV 2016. Got home ok. Tried my car again today and it starts no problem but all the warning lights are on still. I am worried to drive it to my nearest garage which is 30 Minutes away in case the car breaks down. The car seems to work ok but no idea if it will suddenly die on me or why all the warning lights are on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having the same issue with mine. Unfortunately I’m away because of the military and my wife is dealing with it. Any one else had this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update. It turned out to be the transmission sensor. Apparently these cvt transmissions need the fluid changed at 30,000 miles or the sensor will fault out from bad fluid. Good to go now.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
either I missed the service code or it still hasn't came on. My HRV went 55K without changing the CVT fluid.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Update. It turned out to be the transmission sensor. Apparently these cvt transmissions need the fluid changed at 30,000 miles or the sensor will fault out from bad fluid. Good to go now.

^^ Of course that doesn't make any sense.

Do you have any more detailed technical info from the dealership?

What was the DTC?
Which sensor in the CVT?
How black was the fluid?
Any debris found in the fluid? On the magnetic drain plug?
How many miles are on the CVT?
How many miles were on the CVT fluid?
Did the dealership replace both or either CVT oil filter?

I doubt the poster has the answers to these questions, but anyone with a CVT issue should be asking these questions when getting their trans serviced or repaired.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my car when the battery dies and you jump it, all the lights come on and stay on until you drive around for a bit. Like the system needs to "reset" or something. Try a short drive around the neighborhood and see if it solves the lights.
Hi, having problems with my HRV . . . we changed the battery and all the warning light like check brakes, check power steering, check hill assist started to light. want to try your suggestion but my car is parked front facing the wall. if I try to move the car on reverse it's like something is stuck and won't move in reverse. m scared to force it for I might break something. how then can I remove all those signs on my panel. I think my ECU got reset or something *=(

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
243 Posts
Hi, having problems with my HRV . . . we changed the battery and all the warning light like check brakes, check power steering, check hill assist started to light. want to try your suggestion but my car is parked front facing the wall. if I try to move the car on reverse it's like something is stuck and won't move in reverse. m scared to force it for I might break something. how then can I remove all those signs on my panel. I think my ECU got reset or something *=(
Assuming you're not a one-hit-wonder...

Did you disengage the parking brake?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts