Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
243 Posts
yup I did but doesn't like to move on reverse *=(. don't want to force it.. might harm my car more
Try sitting in the car while it just running, many of the lights should go off, even if you're not moving. It just takes time for the system to check itself.

I wonder if Hill Assist/Brake Hold is on? But that should release as soon as you press on the gas pedal though. Hum...

the Emerg brake is activated electronically - unless they have a fail safe on it - could it still be "on" ?
I know it automatically triggers if I unbuckle and open my door while neglecting to move the transmission into park (honestly, I have no idea why I did that). I was surprised when I got in my car and it was still in D (or R).

So, I wasn't sure if maybe there were other circumstances for it to be on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try sitting in the car while it just running, many of the lights should go off, even if you're not moving. It just takes time for the system to check itself.

I wonder if Hill Assist/Brake Hold is on? But that should release as soon as you press on the gas pedal though. Hum...

I know it automatically triggers if I unbuckle and open my door while neglecting to move the transmission into park (honestly, I have no idea why I did that). I was surprised when I got in my car and it was still in D (or R).

So, I wasn't sure if maybe there were other circumstances for it to be on.
we tried running the car for 10 mins yesterday but the lights didn't go off. *=(
we got in touch with an SA of Honda and he suggested we remove negative terminal for 20 mins. after which we start the car, the lights should go off. hoping this will work. if not he said we might have to reset ECU.
thanks for all your suggestions. will keep you posted if this will work.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts