Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm currently waiting to hear back about a job, and if I get it, I'll have about a week to move about a five-hour drive away. Almost everything will fit in my 2017 HRV, except my kitchen table + chairs. I would just buy new when I get there, but the set I have is a family heirloom.

The ideal situation would be to just attach a small 4X8 Uhaul trailer, but as y'all know, 2017 technically isn't rated for towing in the US. This trailer is way under the rating for Australia.

But... has anyone actually done it and lived to tell the tale? What was your experience like? The travel would either be about 4.5 hours on the turnpike or

Thanks!

·
Banned
609 Posts
A 4' X 8' U-Haul trailer will likely be a covered one...I would not tow something that heavy...an open one should be fine though...it is still hard on your transmission though. I would stay under 55 mph too

·
Registered
811 Posts
There are plenty of folks who tow with their HRVs. In other countries it has even been rated as being one the best small tow vehicles on the market. If you look up threads on the forum for trailer hitch you'll find good discussions on various options. But, overall you should be fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
***OR about 5.5 hours not on the turnpike!
Keep it as light as possible.
Pulling a covered trailer PLUS a load of cargo and maybe a passenger could put serious wear on the CVT.
Maybe use the shifters to keep the rpms up and the torque down. And light on the accel. Be gentle.
Maybe put the table & chairs on a roof rack instead and save the cost of a hitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts