Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
HRV towing

Etrailer has hitch for it as class 1 with 200 lbs tongue weight and 2000 lbs trailer. Did anyone try this? What is the problem? From stopping with HRV brakes or I can add electrical brakes on my trailer? Thanks.
I just installed it and will be towing some furniture on the smallest U-Haul trailer available (4x8 feet) will report later about the trip

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm impressed that there don't seem to be complaints on the lack of power while towing. I had four passengers (plus me driving) in the HR-V once and I had to floor it and shift at redline to accelerate at a normal cadence. We aren't/weren't football players either; maybe 140lbs each.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm impressed that there don't seem to be complaints on the lack of power while towing. I had four passengers (plus me driving) in the HR-V once and I had to floor it and shift at redline to accelerate at a normal cadence. We aren't/weren't football players either; maybe 140lbs each.
I installed the hitch but haven't towed anything yet, I did drive it today very loaded, the heaviest I have ever driven it, had a heavy ceramic top table and a bunch of chairs that made the car quite heavy, it was as expected very slow to accelerate on the highway. I figured I would drive on sport mode since it keeps the RPM's higher before switching and it seemed better.
A couple of times I had a very strange "error" on the CVT which seemed to rev very high even when I let the foot of the gas. I switched it to regular driving for a second and the revolutions decreased, but it was a bit scary

·
Registered
2017 HR V
20 Posts
I installed a Curt hitch on my 2017 FWD. I have pulled my 5x8 enclosed trailer with a lot of lighting/ sound equipment .
Also installed old school coil spring spacers....
Had no issues other than the obvious terrible fuel mileage and needing to stay in Sport mode to keep up with traffic.
Already out of the warranty period so I'm not concerned there.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts