Honda HR-V Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
At the end of the day, its about how much it will cost and the value it has to me vs my HRV. Though I agree with many of the comments in this thread, I'll reserve judgement until I see the pricing for the various packages Toyota will offer.

My guess it will appeal to those that want a hybrid option and it won't appeal to most HRV owners.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Honda has been pretty consistent in terms of styling lately (since the Cr-Z), the NSX, the S660, and the upcoming S2500 they all look pretty nice. I even don't mind the styling of the latest CR-V and the HR-V.

although I'm hoping that Honda will pump those arches more for their SUVs :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its definitely polarizing for sure! What I'm reading in this thread is that roughly half the people love the design and the other half hates its. I personally love it! Its daring and futuristic looking! Though I feel like Toyota's latest designs have been a hit or miss for me lately....take for example the latest generation Prius. In my opinion that is an ugly car. With all said an done, I think the CH-R is far from a Pontiac Aztek. I think 98% of people at that time thought that car was ugly. But I definitely appreciate automaker taking design risk. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In my opinion the Germans use to design breathtaking beautiful cars but lately (the past couple of years) they really have been resting on their laurels. Their cars are still nice but they no longer look like anything special. Its especially made worst by the fact that now its seems that everybody and their mom drives a BMW and Audi! The fact that you see them everywhere coupled by the fact that their design really hasn't change or evolve makes them look even more stale. But to each their own i guess! A lot of people still love those cars so I'm probably in the minority.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Its daring and futuristic looking!... With all said an done, I think the CH-R is far from a Pontiac Aztek.
From an Aztek blogger:

The Pontiac Aztek’s futuristic styling (targeted at “Generation X” car buyers) was well received upon its reveal in 1999 and enjoyed a short production run as a “sport recreational vehicle.
Generally speaking, "futuristic" designs don't age well.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
wow...how is that design above 'futuristic'? XD
That's why I wrote "futuristic" designs don't age well.

The car with all the fins is the 1959 GM Firebird III concept car. It was preceded by the Firebird II (1956) and Firebird (1953):

Hot stuff 60 years ago. ;)

And then there was the Ford Nucleon — powered by its own fission reactor!

The High Museum of Art in Atlanta had a great exhibit, "Dream Cars" last summer. Some like the handmade Norman Timbs Special, were actually handsome.

Others, just weird, like the 1948 Tasco:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Its definitely polarizing for sure! What I'm reading in this thread is that roughly half the people love the design and the other half hates its. I personally love it! Its daring and futuristic looking! Though I feel like Toyota's latest designs have been a hit or miss for me lately....take for example the latest generation Prius. In my opinion that is an ugly car. With all said an done, I think the CH-R is far from a Pontiac Aztek. I think 98% of people at that time thought that car was ugly. But I definitely appreciate automaker taking design risk. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In my opinion the Germans use to design breathtaking beautiful cars but lately (the past couple of years) they really have been resting on their laurels. Their cars are still nice but they no longer look like anything special. Its especially made worst by the fact that now its seems that everybody and their mom drives a BMW and Audi! The fact that you see them everywhere coupled by the fact that their design really hasn't change or evolve makes them look even more stale. But to each their own i guess! A lot of people still love those cars so I'm probably in the minority.
I'm with you on this......we'll see when the C-HR rolls in the market.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think it is about time car manufacturers started getting a little daring with their designs. They have been complacent in their designs for many years now.
I find it hard to see how the C-HR is daring in any way. Tesla, in their approach, is daring. Elio Motors, in their approach, is daring. The main stream auto manufacturers, not so daring.

It would be interesting if this actually got off the ground:

https://www.eliomotors.com/

·
Registered
435 Posts
I find it hard to see how the C-HR is daring in any way. Tesla, in their approach, is daring. Elio Motors, in their approach, is daring. The main stream auto manufacturers, not so daring.

It would be interesting if this actually got off the ground:

https://www.eliomotors.com/
I agree with what you are saying about Tesla and Elio. That Elio is crazy looking and I would love seeing them around the roadways.

As for the C-HR, coming from a mainstream auto manufacturer, it is breaking the mold of simple lines on a vehicle. For too long sedans and even SUVs all looked very similar and this C-HR doesn't look like anything else out there.

The lines aren't simple on this vehicle. The rear end is pretty crazy with the spoiler and those tail lights. The front end has a nice aggressive look to it.

I'm really curious what the interior is going to look like.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm not a fan of interior accent lighting or big LCD displays sticking up in the middle of the dashboard.

Seats look very well bolstered.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I'm not a fan of interior accent lighting or big LCD displays sticking up in the middle of the dashboard.

Seats look very well bolstered.
I don't care for the lighting either.

But I do like the screen up higher. It is easier and safer to glance at without taking your eyes off the road.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts