Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else having issues or know of a fix? My TPMS and Traction Control are turned off and won't turn back on (lights are on on the dash). Dealer and 2nd mechanic have hooked up code readers and neither are registering anything wrong when communicating with the computer. The respective buttons do nothing to the dash lights. Traction control is definitely turned off, it's not just the light.

Edit: I have a 2018 HRV EX

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
153 Posts
Anyone else having issues or know of a fix? My TPMS and Traction Control are turned off and won't turn back on (lights are on on the dash). Dealer and 2nd mechanic have hooked up code readers and neither are registering anything wrong when communicating with the computer. The respective buttons do nothing to the dash lights. Traction control is definitely turned off, it's not just the light.

Thanks!
Hi Sam. Welcome to the group. If you could let us know the year and model HR-v you have, someone may be familiar with this problem.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
288 Posts
Have you recalibrated the TPMS system after any work performed (rotation, new tires, etc)?

And just so that we don't assume anything, your lights are on constantly, not intermittently? (A weak battery or corroded connections can lower voltage and cause the systems to recalibrate for a few miles)

Reactions: John35g

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sam. Welcome to the group. If you could let us know the year and model HR-v you have, someone may be familiar with this problem.
Have you recalibrated the TPMS system after any work performed (rotation, new tires, etc)?

And just so that we don't assume anything, your lights are on constantly, not intermittently? (A weak battery or corroded connections can lower voltage and cause the systems to recalibrate for a few miles)
I just had my winter tires put on and they attempted to reset the TPMS light with no luck.

The lights are on constantly and have been since July when a rear wheel speed sensor was replaced. They may have been on earlier as a ton of lights came on when that sensor became faulty.

I just replaced the battery and upgraded it and that didn't change the light situation unfortunately.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
288 Posts
The lights are on constantly and have been since July when a rear wheel speed sensor was replaced.
That points to an incompatible sensor or wiring issue (road debris can pinch wires).

Don't know why your shops didn't find that, unless they were looking for TPMS codes and not ABS codes, for example....

That's the end of my so-called expertise, though...sorry. 😇

1 - 5 of 5 Posts