Honda HR-V Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same thing happen last week. Metal shavings in transmission fluid. They said they never saw this issue. Drained fluid and said I could drive it. This morning 1 day after I got the car back, the transmission failed while on the highway. Barely made it to side of road and got towed. I cannot believe I invested over 20,000$ on a new car that breaks down like that in under 4 years! So disappointed in Honda!
Same thing happened to me. Metal shaving in the fluid. Although, after he drained it, I was able to drive it for about 4 weeks before it crapped out again. I have quite a few "K's" on mine. Still sucks as it's not even 4 years old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Metal shaving in the fluid. Although, after he drained it, I was able to drive it for about 4 weeks before it crapped out again. I have quite a few "K's" on mine. Still sucks as it's not even 4 years old.
Sorry to hear that...Did Honda offer to cover any of the cost?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just lost my transmission of my 2016 hrv two days ago at 64000 miles. Not impressed. Thank God I got the extended warranty... But now they are saying it might not all be covered because I did not go in for my 30000 check... I can't believe I am replacing the transmission in my Honda in under four years of owning it. I was expecting to drive this car for ten plus years without any major problems like my last two Hondas... I love this car... But now I don't trust it or the company.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just lost my transmission of my 2016 hrv two days ago at 64000 miles. Not impressed. Thank God I got the extended warranty... But now they are saying it might not all be covered because I did not go in for my 30000 check... I can't believe I am replacing the transmission in my Honda in under four years of owning it. I was expecting to drive this car for ten plus years without any major problems like my last two Hondas... I love this car... But now I don't trust it or the company.
Ok but did you swap out the transmission fluid at 30,000 miles? No car is immune to that. My older CRV 2010 transmission failed because my parents NEVER thought of changing the transmission fluid, cars with automatic transmission NEEDS this done. Maybe the newer HRV needs it done more frequently. But honestly, y’all should just take your oil change to Honda, they do the multi point inspection and can tell you when it needs to be changed by churching fluid colors, computer read outs, etc. who cares if it’s more expensive, the inspections are free and pretty much necessary

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was driving on the thruway Saturday in the left lane (lots of traffic) and my engine revved and lost power. It put me in a dangerous situation. Honda first said it was a sensor and now states it’s the transmission with metal shavings that have to be cleaned out. 64k miles, 18 months old! They are sending someone to analyze it and see if it will be warranted. From what I’m reading the HRV has transmission problems and I hope Honda does the right thing. The reason I bought a Honda was because people swear by them and I loved the engineering of the HRV. I have always had a Ford until less than 2 years ago. Never had problems except for 1 time after 12 years I had to replace a starter. What Honda does next will determine if they lose a customer.
I was driving on the highway when my engine revved up out of nowhere and the car started slowing down. I pulled over and all these lights came on. Had to have it towed and they say there was shavings in the transmission. I’m at 90,000 so out of warranty and fixes out of pocket. 2016 Honda HRV 4 YEARS OLD! And now I have to replace it! Furious!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I was driving on the highway when my engine revved up out of nowhere and the car started slowing down. I pulled over and all these lights came on. Had to have it towed and they say there was shavings in the transmission. I’m at 90,000 so out of warranty and fixes out of pocket. 2016 Honda HRV 4 YEARS OLD! And now I have to replace it! Furious!
Sorry to hear. At what mileage(s) did you have your transmission fluid changed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found out today I too had a catastrophic failure in my transmission that will require a $5.5k repair. My 2016, 69k miles HRV stalled on an interstate in the middle of no where AZ (very dangerous situation) and I had to have it tow to the Honda dealer in Phoenix. Was told the next day the issue was with the ignition button (another common problem), paid $400 for the button even though I had a hunch it was transmission related given how it failed, the dealer insisted the symptoms weren't transmission related.

Low and behold after picking up my car, I did a "test drive" on another interstate highway nearby and it stalled AGAIN on the highway--RPM shoots up to 5000+, loss of forward momentum, engine vibrated and most of the dashlights came on (power steering, break system, traction assist, tire pressure, parking break..you name it). No engine power but AC/lights etc. stayed on. Had to have the car towed back to the dealership. This time I didn't shut it off and had them diagnose while it's still on--they eventually said a whole bunch of transmission codes appeared.

I have my car serviced by a Honda dealer for every single maintenance minder ever since I got it brand new in 2016. Transmission fluid consistently changed with the last service & multi-point inspection 2 weeks ago.

I feel like my life was put in danger twice because of Honda--looking forward to getting rid of this and never purchasing one again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Horrible story. I feel bad for you. Outrageous failure and expense. That extra $400 for a start button replacement is truly highway robbery.
I guess a lot of us should be buying Car Shield contracts.:mad::cry:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Horrible story. I feel bad for you. Outrageous failure and expense. That extra $400 for a start button replacement is truly highway robbery.
I guess a lot of us should be buying Car Shield contracts.:mad::cry:
After I was told my power train warranty expired at 60k miles (mine is 69k) I was furious. I called the dealer in another state where I purchased the car from and they reminded me I have purchased the First Guard extended warranty. Still waiting to hear how much/if they will cover the entire cost but I wouldn't get a car without one from now on because clearly having it maintained by the dealer doesn't mean a thing when it comes to preventing something this catastrophic from happening by catching it early!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 HRV with 61K miles. I never had a problem with my HRV until a few days ago. As I was driving all these lights starting popping up on my dashboard and when I hit the gas pedal to drive, I couldn't accelerate. I was lucky enough to be able to drive slowly the nearest dealer in the area. He told me today that a failed torque converter speed sensor and that it needs to be replaced. Has this happen to anyone else and what is the likelihood that this will happen again. I'm wondering if I should worry about transmission issues so soon?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 HRV with 61K miles. I never had a problem with my HRV until a few days ago. As I was driving all these lights starting popping up on my dashboard and when I hit the gas pedal to drive, I couldn't accelerate. I was lucky enough to be able to drive slowly the nearest dealer in the area. He told me today that a failed torque converter speed sensor and that it needs to be replaced. Has this happen to anyone else and what is the likelihood that this will happen again. I'm wondering if I should worry about transmission issues so soon?
The exact same thing happened to me on the highway. They told me I had to pay for the sensor to see if it was transmission problems and it was. They quoted me $4300 to replace the transmission. My guess is it’s the year and model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The exact same thing happened to me on the highway. They told me I had to pay for the sensor to see if it was transmission problems and it was. They quoted me $4300 to replace the transmission. My guess is it’s the year and model.
Wow! I was quoted $700! Something doesn’t seem right!?

·
Registered
100 Posts
We need to faces facts.

These are lousy low end cars.

Honda has now experienced Vega syndrome.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.