Honda HR-V Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same thing happen last week. Metal shavings in transmission fluid. They said they never saw this issue. Drained fluid and said I could drive it. This morning 1 day after I got the car back, the transmission failed while on the highway. Barely made it to side of road and got towed. I cannot believe I invested over 20,000$ on a new car that breaks down like that in under 4 years! So disappointed in Honda!
Same thing happened to me. Metal shaving in the fluid. Although, after he drained it, I was able to drive it for about 4 weeks before it crapped out again. I have quite a few "K's" on mine. Still sucks as it's not even 4 years old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Metal shaving in the fluid. Although, after he drained it, I was able to drive it for about 4 weeks before it crapped out again. I have quite a few "K's" on mine. Still sucks as it's not even 4 years old.
Sorry to hear that...Did Honda offer to cover any of the cost?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just lost my transmission of my 2016 hrv two days ago at 64000 miles. Not impressed. Thank God I got the extended warranty... But now they are saying it might not all be covered because I did not go in for my 30000 check... I can't believe I am replacing the transmission in my Honda in under four years of owning it. I was expecting to drive this car for ten plus years without any major problems like my last two Hondas... I love this car... But now I don't trust it or the company.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just lost my transmission of my 2016 hrv two days ago at 64000 miles. Not impressed. Thank God I got the extended warranty... But now they are saying it might not all be covered because I did not go in for my 30000 check... I can't believe I am replacing the transmission in my Honda in under four years of owning it. I was expecting to drive this car for ten plus years without any major problems like my last two Hondas... I love this car... But now I don't trust it or the company.
Ok but did you swap out the transmission fluid at 30,000 miles? No car is immune to that. My older CRV 2010 transmission failed because my parents NEVER thought of changing the transmission fluid, cars with automatic transmission NEEDS this done. Maybe the newer HRV needs it done more frequently. But honestly, y’all should just take your oil change to Honda, they do the multi point inspection and can tell you when it needs to be changed by churching fluid colors, computer read outs, etc. who cares if it’s more expensive, the inspections are free and pretty much necessary

81 - 85 of 85 Posts