Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seem to be experiencing a strange felling at around 50 mph. Originally thought was wheels need to be balanced. Still happening. Anyone else have this issue?
Thought I would take to dealer and see what they say. No check engine light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had tires balanced and rotated. The vibration still happens beginning at 50 mph up to 65.
Being a CVT, thought possibly the transmission, the band in between so called gears.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What year is your HRV
How many miles on odometer
if/when did you have your CVT fluid changed. And at what mileage

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
414 Posts
I'd check the axles or hub before digging into the transmission... hell, even the brake rotors.

·
Registered
2019 HR-V EX
158 Posts
50 > 65 mph is typically tires. How old are they? (Potholes can damage tires...)

But if AWD it could be a U joint in the driveshaft.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What year is your HRV
How many miles on odometer
if/when did you have your CVT fluid changed. And at what mileage
Its 2017 and now have 76600 miles. Had trans serviced by dealer at 60k. Actually notice episode roughly after latest dealer service.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Its 2017 and now have 76600 miles. Had trans serviced by dealer at 60k. Actually notice episode roughly after latest dealer service.
From this Forum, I changed CVT fluid at 32k versus waiting on MM. 60k is probably too long. But hopefully your problem is an rather easy/cheap fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seem to be experiencing a strange felling at around 50 mph. Originally thought was wheels need to be balanced. Still happening. Anyone else have this issue?
Have you changed the oil in the AWD gearbox? (Transaxle?). I would try that before taking it to the dealer. Dealer in New Jersey will charge $139 for just to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HRV has similar gear box setup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
How do you check the CVT fluid level?
There is no dipstick- it involves removing a bolt in the side of the transmission- if the level is just right then no fluid comes out- if too much then it will flow out until just under the level of the hole that the bolt was in.
you can't tell if its too low unless you fill it then it overflows this bolt. Its a whole process that is done generally when changing the fluid in the first place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts