Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Being they just announced building it there, it should be awhile before it is up and running. Doubt it will be ready for the 2016 model year.

Hey, since they are having so much trouble in Mexico, maybe it would be quicker and easier to pop turbos in ALL HR-Vs. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder how long it will take to set up tooling/get the plant up and running???

Rumour has it there will be boosted 1.5s and 2.0s to come...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Found this very interesting tidbit buried within an announcement for the 2016 Honda Pilot.

"As for its cars, Honda is getting ready to introduce a new turbocharged four-cylinder engine lineup which should be featured in at least one Honda vehicle before the end of 2015."

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/01/redesigned-2016-honda-pilot-coming-this-year.html

I am thinking if any of you guys want a turbo, I wouldn't rush out and buy the first HR-Vs off the line. They may even announce the turbo when pricing and availability are announced (but guessing that won't be the case).

·
Registered
19 Posts
A certain query about turbo engines:: if you have a turbo engine, does it mean you have to take premium gas at the pumps for your car?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not all turbos require premium gas... Ford Ecoboost don't need premium, I would expect Honda similar, they know a large part of their appeal is affordability and reliability...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts