Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Torque, we may get a Turbo half way through the year. Would it be worth it? I had a Subaru with Turbo and there was this long pause before it kicked in. So what is so good about it and will it benefit the HR-V?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I know Subaru turbos require premium fuel, so if that were the case on the Honda I would personally pass on it.

Once you get past the turbo lag you get more power, but I think it depends on each system as to how well it works and when you hit that extra power.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm guessing the advantage of a turbo for an hrv would be to compensate for a smaller displacement engine. The main objective would be better fuel economy. And i suspect it would take regular fuel and you won't really notice when the turbo kicks in. Also I think it would be unlikely to see more than one engine introduced in the first year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Belgium will be getting the 1.6 diesel wich has 300 nm of torque and 120 bhp. I have driven a CRV with that engine and overtaking is a real joy. And there going to give it even a bit more power since they're going to make an additional version with 160 bhp and 350 nm!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts