Honda HR-V Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.
I can't figure out how to turn off the vibration in the steering wheel when I make a lane change. Thoughts? Again, this is for a 2023 HRV. Thanks!
There is a way to turn this function off on a 2022 CRV. FYI.

Registered
2023 Honda HR-V EX-L AWD
I鈥檝e noticed, even though I turned it off in settings, If I accidentally hit the function on the steering wheel (lower right side steering wheel ) it will activate. What I did was turn it off on both the settings and the steering wheel. There鈥檚 an icon on the display, did it turn off ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I鈥檝e noticed, even though I turned it off in settings, If I accidentally hit the function on the steering wheel (lower right side steering wheel ) it will activate. What I did was turn it off on both the settings and the steering wheel. There鈥檚 an icon on the display, did it turn off ?
Indeed. I've done that too. Not sure what I'm missing but it's something. :sneaky:

Registered
Having just picked up. My 2023. I鈥檓 still checking out things. Yes I use signal lights. No I do like the shaking function. If I find a cure I鈥檒l post it I think I have it disabled for all but solid lines now. But I鈥檇 like it gone completely. :mad:

Banned
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
Perhaps if the poster's wishing to disable this feature were to explain exactly where and when it happens, we would be in a better position to see if the system is operating as it should or not.

Whenever the system has activated on my vehicle it is due to me not indicating whilst crossing lanes; when a vehicle has stopped at a T-junction beyond the Stop or Give Way lines, and I don't have time to indicate before crossing over onto the other lane to get by.

There have been some occasions where the system has activated after incorrectly identifying joins in the road (after road works) as a lane marker.

Overall, I don't find it intrusive. If anything, when it activates it tends to make me think why it did and was there anything I should have done to have prevented it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perhaps if the poster's wishing to disable this feature were to explain exactly where and when it happens, we would be in a better position to see if the system is operating as it should or not.

Whenever the system has activated on my vehicle it is due to me not indicating whilst crossing lanes; when a vehicle has stopped at a T-junction beyond the Stop or Give Way lines, and I don't have time to indicate before crossing over onto the other lane to get by.

There have been some occasions where the system has activated after incorrectly identifying joins in the road (after road works) as a lane marker.

Overall, I don't find it intrusive. If anything, when it activates it tends to make me think why it did and was there anything I should have done to have prevented it.
It's NOT only with a turn signal. If there is shaky ground/uneven lanes and one veers out of the "lane," it vibrates.

Registered
2023 HR-V EX-L WHITE
with the new model, the lane keeping can be turned off (so it wont do it for changing lanes) but the Road mitigation system cannot be turned off anymore.. which should only vibrate when crossing a solid line... so if you have everything off, and still get then vibration, try to stay on the road? lol

Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S CVT 2WD Passion Red
I think in today's age of motoring and other areas they are going too far with electronics and apps.
In the motoring industry they are making drivers dumber not smarter in my opinion, with all these lane keep assist - adaptive cruise control etc., either you can drive a car and think for yourself or you can't.
Granted some of the advances like steering wheel buttons for radio and hands free cell phone etc. are very useful, a lot of others are more trouble than they are worth.
My daughter has a Kia Sportage GT (top of the range), the bells and whistles in that thing just drive me insane, it takes me 5 mins just to turn them all off so I can have a peaceful drive without shitting myself every time an alarm goes off.

As for "other areas" just today, I was looking for a new electronic toothbrush, you guessed it, it had an app for your cell phone to change the settings. Give me a break.

Nose Head Arm Smile Cartoon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.