Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Honda HR-V EX-L AWD
11 Posts
I’ve noticed, even though I turned it off in settings, If I accidentally hit the function on the steering wheel (lower right side steering wheel ) it will activate. What I did was turn it off on both the settings and the steering wheel. There’s an icon on the display, did it turn off ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve noticed, even though I turned it off in settings, If I accidentally hit the function on the steering wheel (lower right side steering wheel ) it will activate. What I did was turn it off on both the settings and the steering wheel. There’s an icon on the display, did it turn off ?
Indeed. I've done that too. Not sure what I'm missing but it's something. :sneaky:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having just picked up. My 2023. I’m still checking out things. Yes I use signal lights. No I do like the shaking function. If I find a cure I’ll post it I think I have it disabled for all but solid lines now. But I’d like it gone completely. :mad:

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,376 Posts
Perhaps if the poster's wishing to disable this feature were to explain exactly where and when it happens, we would be in a better position to see if the system is operating as it should or not.

Whenever the system has activated on my vehicle it is due to me not indicating whilst crossing lanes; when a vehicle has stopped at a T-junction beyond the Stop or Give Way lines, and I don't have time to indicate before crossing over onto the other lane to get by.

There have been some occasions where the system has activated after incorrectly identifying joins in the road (after road works) as a lane marker.

Overall, I don't find it intrusive. If anything, when it activates it tends to make me think why it did and was there anything I should have done to have prevented it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perhaps if the poster's wishing to disable this feature were to explain exactly where and when it happens, we would be in a better position to see if the system is operating as it should or not.

Whenever the system has activated on my vehicle it is due to me not indicating whilst crossing lanes; when a vehicle has stopped at a T-junction beyond the Stop or Give Way lines, and I don't have time to indicate before crossing over onto the other lane to get by.

There have been some occasions where the system has activated after incorrectly identifying joins in the road (after road works) as a lane marker.

Overall, I don't find it intrusive. If anything, when it activates it tends to make me think why it did and was there anything I should have done to have prevented it.
It's NOT only with a turn signal. If there is shaky ground/uneven lanes and one veers out of the "lane," it vibrates.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts