Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys/gals, I've owned my HR-V for almost 2 years and I've seen numerous threads about people hating the seats. My commute is about 7 minutes and I don't do a lot of driving (2 years and 13k on the odometer), with that said a few weeks ago I took the car to Long Island which is about a 3 hour trip one way so I was in the car at least 6 hours and my back was killing!

So I was poking around on the internet and found a way to solve the issue. If you go into the back seat you can access the seat back of the front seats. Go to the bottom of the seat and there is a "clip" that runs along the bottom of the seat cover. Pop that off. That will reveal 2 zippers on each side. Unzip them to the top. Inside you will see 2 springs. I put a couple of piece of foam in FRONT of the springs to push the seat out in the lumbar area. You could also buy and inflatable lumbar support etc and put it in there. This difference is night and day! This car has been near flawless and this issue really REALLY bothered me, but now it is solved... For free.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I routinely drive 2+ hrs in the car in unbearable heavy traffic and never had issues with the seats.

Your post is good information for others though.

But this huge seat comfort issue is overblown. Thousands of people have no issues with the seats and only when they do, they go and create a thread. No one is creating threads saying my car gets me from point a to point b flawlessly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said, the car is almost flawless... Instead of complaining about it, I posted a fix. I'm more of a problem solver than a whiner... It's a great car, but my back does hurt on long trips in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Uncomfortable seat fix! Oh my gosh I want to just give you the biggest hug ever! I c

Uncomfortable seat fix! Oh my gosh I want to just give you the biggest hug ever! I cannot believe you solved my problem with this awful concave seat. I was practically in tears yesterday because I didn't know what I was going to do driving around with this seat that was killing my back. And thanks to you I pulled in the driveway and did exactly what you said and I stuffed a small pillow behind the springs and my seat is now normal and wonderful. Thank you so very very much for posting this!!

UOTE=ssarver413;392594]Ok guys/gals, I've owned my HR-V for almost 2 years and I've seen numerous threads about people hating the seats. My commute is about 7 minutes and I don't do a lot of driving (2 years and 13k on the odometer), with that said a few weeks ago I took the car to Long Island which is about a 3 hour trip one way so I was in the car at least 6 hours and my back was killing!

So I was poking around on the internet and found a way to solve the issue. If you go into the back seat you can access the seat back of the front seats. Go to the bottom of the seat and there is a "clip" that runs along the bottom of the seat cover. Pop that off. That will reveal 2 zippers on each side. Unzip them to the top. Inside you will see 2 springs. I put a couple of piece of foam in FRONT of the springs to push the seat out in the lumbar area. You could also buy and inflatable lumbar support etc and put it in there. This difference is night and day! This car has been near flawless and this issue really REALLY bothered me, but now it is solved... For free.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like you've never had a back problem !

QUOTE=pearlwhite01;392602]I routinely drive 2+ hrs in the car in unbearable heavy traffic and never had issues with the seats.

Your post is good information for others though.

But this huge seat comfort issue is overblown. Thousands of people have no issues with the seats and only when they do, they go and create a thread. No one is creating threads saying my car gets me from point a to point b flawlessly.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
After 7500 HRV miles, no back concerns with the seats. However, my prior car, a Yaris, I purchased a lumbar support that I was able to adjust the degree of support.

But this fix is cheaper. If it doesn’t work, I suggest just getting on Amazon, etc. and purchasing a lumbar support for your seat. There are many different types, sizes, prices.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had significant neck and back issues which required regular chiropractic visits for a period of 2-3 yrs. I don’t have any issues with the seats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This solution is not day and night, it is actually heaven and hell! Thank you so much for saving my spine and hip!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts