Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Honda websites, and here on the forum as well, I think there are a few 'sneaky' features that aren't being touted that are going to be pretty awesome in a car in this price range. One is the Brake Hold shown at 8:10 in the Indonesian video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gNWFpzsKe_0). I've seen this in action on the GLA ($33K+), and it's pretty cool. I don't recall any other Hondas having it either.

A second is the Lane Watch feature. You can see the camera on the passenger side mirror on the US website in the 360 view (http://automobiles.honda.com/hr-v/#styling).

The final one I can think of are the paddle shifters. For those concerned about performance, maybe this is the one hope for something with a bit more zip to it.

Any others you like or think I've missed?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Lane Watch is great, my mom has it on her Accord. She likes it double because when she turns right, it pops on to show her the inside of the turn. You can get it to stay on full time as well...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Another feature that is shown a little bit is the variable height cup holders that apparently can be configured in different ways. A small feature but it might be useful.

·
Registered
156 Posts
A feature definitely to be favored by American owners :D

Large cups here vary quite a lot, from tall and thin to really wide

·
Registered
633 Posts
Another little feature is the ability to change the color of the ring around the speedometer. I'll probably set it once and then never do it again, but it adds a little personal touch.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Another little feature is the ability to change the color of the ring around the speedometer. I'll probably set it once and then never do it again, but it adds a little personal touch.
I didn't think you could change it. I thought it was just supposed to change color to show you were driving economically.

·
Registered
633 Posts
It changes to green when you're in Eco mode, but you can choose between some colors in normal driving mode. I've seen it in Vezel videos as well.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
It's not a video, but this shows the various colors.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/userid/1509450/car/1578622/3816972/photo.aspx

I can't remember where, but I also looked up if it was possible to turn off the ring from turning green when in Eco mode / driving more efficiently, and that is possible. I could see that getting annoying having the color change while you're driving.
That is interesting.
I am thinking that may not have been carried over from the Vezel. At least I don't know where you change it. Also, the display has been redesigned for the HVR and much improved, too. It now displays everything in round gauges. (cool)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you seen the adjustable center arm rest? Moves forward and back. Nice useful feature compared to the Fit that has a useless center arm rest.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hopefully the adjustable arm rest is a little better than the one in my 07 civic. It doesn't take much to move it out of place and I find myself moving it forward a lot.

·
Registered
633 Posts
That is interesting.
I am thinking that may not have been carried over from the Vezel. At least I don't know where you change it. Also, the display has been redesigned for the HVR and much improved, too. It now displays everything in round gauges. (cool)
Well, it's shown in the Indonesian promo video at 1:43 and their HR-V has the circular instruments that the NA version will get. Of course who knows if it's coming or not, but it would be nice.

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paddle shifters on an automatic aren't features even worth mentioning. They're nothing more than toys auto companies advertise to make their cars appear more sporty.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts