Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having this problem? I have a lot of trouble on this web site with scrolling pages or typing messages due to continually freezing of the page which eventually brings up an Unresponsive Script Error as per the attached image. I am typing this now and it is taking ten times longer as I have to wait several seconds before what I have typed appears in the box.
This doesn't happen on any other web sites I use frequently nor does it make any difference if I use Firefox, Edge or Internet Explorer. Very frustrating.

Attachments

·
Administrator
280 Posts
Is this still happening to you guys?

If so, can i get a screen shot of the whole browser? And does it only show when you're scrolling on the site or when using other functions?

Lee

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still happening to me Lee, and only seems to be this web site. Sometimes it'll be OK for a minute or two and then the freezing up starts such as now as I type this response. The displayed words won't keep up with my typing. Same when scrolling the page up or down. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

·
Administrator
280 Posts
I think I know the problem, I'm going to chime in another mod and suggest something.

I think this is affected by the drag and drop feature. If its okay with you guys, I'm going to disable it until we find a fix for this.

lee

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I know the problem, I'm going to chime in another mod and suggest something.

I think this is affected by the drag and drop feature. If its okay with you guys, I'm going to disable it until we find a fix for this.

lee
This is weird Lee, the freezing when scrolling, and lag when typing only happens when I am in a thread. When I reply with quote as I am doing now which takes me to a new screen, I get no freezing or lag when typing. Seems you might be on the right track regarding the drag and drop feature which is only available on a thread.

·
Administrator
280 Posts
Thanks for letting us know about this.

I have deactivated the Drag and Drop plug in as mentioned by Li.
Let me know if this helps with the slow down.

Richard.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still no difference I'm afraid, in fact sometimes it freezes that long I have time to make myself a cup of coffee and come back to find it still frozen. Only way out is Ctrl/Alt/Delete, Task Manager and shut down Firefox and start again. I though it may be my end but I have the same issue if I use my wife's PC.

·
Administrator
280 Posts
Still no difference I'm afraid, in fact sometimes it freezes that long I have time to make myself a cup of coffee and come back to find it still frozen. Only way out is Ctrl/Alt/Delete, Task Manager and shut down Firefox and start again. I though it may be my end but I have the same issue if I use my wife's PC.
Clear your cache and cookies to test this out first. I think you might still be running on an older cookie.

Lee

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello,

Are there other users with this issue? If you're the only one, it might be an isolated issue.

Lee
Would you believe it, Firefox did an automatic update today and since then I have had no more freezing issues on this forum. Coincidence or otherwise I am just glad to be able to type this reply and read what I've typed in real time.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Would you believe it, Firefox did an automatic update today and since then I have had no more freezing issues on this forum. Coincidence or otherwise I am just glad to be able to type this reply and read what I've typed in real time.
Phew! That was close. I was about to recommend ...

M - A - C - I - N - T - O - S - H !

:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts