Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A dealer not far from me has a 2018 HR-V EX which was bought 6/2018 and is for sale as a CPO. My hang up is that it is only 9 mos.old but has 24,551 miles. That's a lot of driving in a short period. It was an individually owned 1 owner with no reported problems. Would you consider buying this vehicle?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The certy. pre owned come with warranty extensions, that's what's attractive. Just can't help but winder what the vehicle was used for to get that many miles and why it was given up... Dealer has about $21.5k as an ask and that is supposedly marked down from $22980.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Or someone in sales, or any other corporate reason. I was a road warrior for a few years working for a manufacturing company that had plants in several states, it's easier to put highway miles on than Uber miles

·
Registered
102 Posts
If this worries you how mileage was put on or how and why the car is being sold, then this may not be the car for you.

You have a chance to get a new car that is a 2019 for about the same then a used one with a few bills off. good luck if this is what you want?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I owns 2018 HR-V. Traded in a 2006 Ridgeline that I bought used in 2007 with 42000+ miles (it was leased in May 2005 originally). It had 110000 at trade in. Only had to due maintenance over 11+ years. My wife had a CRX-SI 1988 bought new and sold in 1999, again only maintenance, no repairs ever needed. Honda’s reputation for durability is well earned. Number of miles is not so important as how it was driven and serviced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my HRV 1.8 Ex with similar milage on the clock. Was lady driven and still in mint condition. I've had no issues with the vehicle other than the minor issues raised about this vehicle in this forum. At first I thought that it lacked the power specified, but with time I "opened up the engine" and it now impresses me when I floor it considering it is not turbo charged. Exhaust is a bit noisy at high rpm.

There's so much competition now in this category. I suggest that you test drive all the other brands in the similar price range before making a final decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts