Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owned this car since 2017, second owner, Bought with just under 7,000 km. No issues for the first few years. Love the compact size of the car, great visibility, versatility, it's easy to park in tight spots, it's great in the snow with it's AWD and all weather tires.
Issues:
In 2020 my hatch tail light filled with water due to faulty gasket. Called Honda Canada and they replaced for free even though warranty expired, grateful for that.

October 2022, the car alarm started going off randomly. Took it to Honda, left overnight. They said no issues. Took the car home, 3 days later it started again. Took back to Honda one week later, they diagnosed the issue. Said the Alarm Control Unit needs to be replaced. Cost me nearly $900. Part took a week to arrive. Had to constantly connect and disconnect car battery for three weeks to avoid the alarm going off at night and when the car was left parked outside while I was at work...

January 2023, discovered a puddle on the front floor mat passenger side. Called Honda Canada, they said it's no longer under warranty, duhhh.... Figured out where the water is coming from after the rain stopped. Looks like there is a faulty seal around the windshield on passenger side (photo enclosed). Called Honda Canada and explained I diagnosed the source of leak and was still told to take it to Honda and have them diagnose it at the cost $160 - $320, however they may or may not approve financial assistance for the repairs after...

Overall impression, as much as I love the car and it best suits my needs
I am extremely disdisappointed with it to say the least.

This is my fourth Honda and I owned many other cars over the years, the HRV by far is the most dissappinting, frustrating and costly car I ever owned !!!!!
Automotive tire Grille Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive design
Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Grille Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive design

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check and see, if the lining above the passenger is wet, or if it has water stains. If it does, you have a clogged moonroof drain.
Thanks for the tip. Taking it to Honda today, I'll let them figure it out. When I did oil change at Midas last week they said it's not coming from the sunroof.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Eddie,
You were somewhat right. Took my HRV to Kingsway Honda this morning. The ran the diagnostics and said
the issue is failed it’s sunroof seal , the sunroof glass needs replacing. Honda quoted around $1500.
Not impressed and very disappointed, upset to say the least...
Trying to get help from Honda Canada, wish me luck...

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good luck, But I would still check out the drainage holes. There's 4 of them. Do this first, then pour water on the car, or go to the car wash and see if there's any leaks. I had a problem with my 2016 hrv ex. I took it to the dealer and they unclog it. The amount of water that I was getting, drove me crazy.
This is Honda's assessment from this morning. Already paid $358.40 for diagnostics.
Handwriting Font Parallel Paper Screenshot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts