Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an 2022 HR-V AWD Sport. At 75 it starts to vibrate and can be felt in the seat and through the car. Dealer had a hard time recreating it but finally did. This only occurs once you reach between 75 and 80 and are coasting along. Decelerate or accelerate and it goes away but is annoying because on a flat smooth road cruising it is constant.

Dealer could find nothing and talked with Honda and they are contributing this to the solid rear axle. The dealer took 2 more out for a ride and was able to recreate on 2 brand new HR-Vs. Seems to be something I will have to live with at this point.

Has anyone else ran into this and eventually found a solution?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would think they would have at least checked tire balances.....have not experienced this on our '21, but.....it's my wife's daily driver, might have to go take it for a drive - haven't driven ours that fast yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think they would have at least checked tire balances.....have not experienced this on our '21, but.....it's my wife's daily driver, might have to go take it for a drive - haven't driven ours that fast yet
They did check tires, wheels for an damage, suspension etc. RSDX. Calling Honda was done because they could not find a cause.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX
21 Posts
in another thread they mention that it might be revving high before a shift.

so when you get out that range it goes away

I just hit 80 and I didn't feel much. But this is my first cvt and so idk much

zeRep

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,234 Posts
You say dealer had difficulty replicating the issue, so the dealer could drive it more times at 75mph without the vibration, than with?

What did the dealer do to replicate the issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You say dealer had difficulty replicating the issue, so the dealer could drive it more times at 75mph without the vibration, than with?

What did the dealer do to replicate the issue?
The issue is between 75 and 80 and when coasting at that speed. Below 75 barely feel it above 80 goes away. Once the dealer duplicated it they could get it to happen every time. Hence how the saw the same thing on two other HR-Vs. This is with AWD as well.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
170 Posts
Ok I feel like I'm stating the obvious here....

99% of the time what you're describing is a tire balance issue. Did they check that?

We're coming up on 14k in our '22 HR-V, and I can definitely feel that the balance is off a bit. I plan to take it into DT and have it done in the near future.

·
Registered
395 Posts

99% of the time what you're describing is a tire balance issue. Did they check that?

We're coming up on 14k in our '22 HR-V, and I can definitely feel that the balance is off a bit. I plan to take it into DT and have it done in the near future.
On my 21 sport aws I just turned 16000 and have rotated my tires once.. I have no vibration...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Looked into the balance. I will also say I worked at a dealer in the service and parts department for 10 years and also worked at a tire shop for 10 years. Balance is the first thing I went after and the first thing the dealer did. I just found it concerning that the dealer was able to reproduce the same issue under exactly the same circumstances on one brand new sitting on their lot. Mine has 3,000 miles on it and was purchased in February, so pretty new. Still plan on taking to a 3rd party to have the balance rechecked on a different machine just in case.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
170 Posts
I used to pay a little extra and have them do the road force balance. Whenever they're using the tape-on weights this will give you a more accurate balance. I think most DT's are using it by default now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts