Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 HRV LX, I've had it for two years. Today for the 4th time in those two years the voice tags for the speed dial got deleted for no apparent reason. Every time this has happened they worked fine for months, only to all of a sudden disappear from one day to the next. I go somewhere and they work fine, I park, when I get back in the car later they are gone. The battery was not disconnected and the same phone is used. Nobody played around with the settings. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing them to disappear?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
For me, the voice tags are still there but sometimes does not recognize my voice command. But when I restart the HRV, the voice command works. Are you sure the voice tags are actually deleted?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Did the timing of the voice tag deletions in any way coincide with a software update on your phone? The firmware in the vehicle didn't change. Something else did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For me, the voice tags are still there but sometimes does not recognize my voice command. But when I restart the HRV, the voice command works. Are you sure the voice tags are actually deleted?
Well, if you put it that way, no, I'm not sure they are deleted. I just assumed they were deleted because they no longer worked. I will try the restarting method next time it happens to see if that fixes it.

Just curious: what could be the correlation between the voice tags not getting recognized and the restarting of the vehicle?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the timing of the voice tag deletions in any way coincide with a software update on your phone? The firmware in the vehicle didn't change. Something else did.
There were no software updates on the phone; my phone is set to update manually, not automatically, so I can rule that out for certain. 4x the same scenario: I drive somewhere, voice tags work. I park, do my thing, get back in the car and drive home, voice tags are not recognized.

It's not a big deal, I always just re-record them, but I sure would like to know what's causing it because it's a bit perplexing.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Well, if you put it that way, no, I'm not sure they are deleted. I just assumed they were deleted because they no longer worked. I will try the restarting method next time it happens to see if that fixes it.

Just curious: what could be the correlation between the voice tags not getting recognized and the restarting of the vehicle?
Just re-starting your HRV reconnects your phone to the HRV Bluetooth. Like you, I was redoing the Voice Tags each time till I lucked out and noticed it worked after I had routinely cut the engine in the evening and the Voice Tags were there on the morning start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts