Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Hrv. I have my door settings set to.walk away lock. Sometimes when I exit vehicle I get a series of rapid beeps and door does not lock. I have keys in my purse and the vehicle is in park and engine is turned off. Why does this happen?

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
502 Posts
Oh, I get this too. I have a 2019 HR-V also.

It does the same thing if you have the engine running and leave the car. So I understand it doing it while the engine is running, but not when the engine is off.

My best guess is there's something wrong with the FOB detection.

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
I have a 2019 Hrv. I have my door settings set to.walk away lock. Sometimes when I exit vehicle I get a series of rapid beeps and door does not lock. I have keys in my purse and the vehicle is in park and engine is turned off. Why does this happen?
it will beep when any door, tailgate or hood is ajar. If all your doors are closed then something is wrong. if you leave one of the doors open and walk away, it will beep.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2019 also, mine does this too. Best guess is it’s thinking that the fob is still in the car. If I open and shut the driver door it doesn’t usually do it a second time. I wish it wouldn’t do that though, haha

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
either your left the door ajar or the the door sensor is bad. if you have to closed it the 2nd time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The rapid beeps occur as a result of three conditions existing.
1. The vehicle is in run mode with the engine running
2. The vehicle is powered on in accessory mode
3. The vehicle is powered on in run mode but the engine is not running

Those are the only reason a rapid series of beeps will occur. Additionally, the rapid beeps will not occur when you open the door and exit, but will only occur after you exit the vehicle and immediately after you close the door with you having the key fob with you. The beeps indicate that the power to the vehicle is on in one of two modes, run/acc., but the vehicle key fob is not inside the vehicle. It's a warning so you can turn the vehicle power off properly and fully.

·
Registered
502 Posts

Those are the only reason a rapid series of beeps will occur. Additionally, the rapid beeps will not occur when you open the door and exit, but will only occur after you exit the vehicle and immediately after you close the door with you having the key fob with you. The beeps indicate that the power to the vehicle is on in one of two modes, run/acc., but the vehicle key fob is not inside the vehicle. It's a warning so you can turn the vehicle power off properly and fully.
I think you're missing the point...

It's beeping when its not supposed to be.

Before you tell me to go check my doors and whether or not anything is ON, I can open the door and immediately close it without it beeping again. Other times, I can use the FOB to lock the doors and it will.

·
Registered
549 Posts
My 2017 does it if power is not completely off and/or when fob is left in the car.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I get the beeps almost 20% of the times I exit the HR-V. I don't know if I'm just too quick for it to acknowledge that I'm out of the car or if I managed to get out of range of the sensor when the door closes, but it's getting annoying.

I know that, if I go slow during the whole shut-down-get-out-close-door-while-staying-close routine, it won't beep. But I'm not one for going that slow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I get the beeps almost 20% of the times I exit the HR-V. I don't know if I'm just too quick for it to acknowledge that I'm out of the car or if I managed to get out of range of the sensor when the door closes, but it's getting annoying.

I know that, if I go slow during the whole shut-down-get-out-close-door-while-staying-close routine, it won't beep. But I'm not one for going that slow.
I get the same here. Often when I get the series of beeps I can reopen and close the door and it only beeps once. I think it's the atmosphere or something....

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife's CR-V sometimes does the beep-beep thing too. She opens & closes the door and it then behaves properly. I haven't set up the walk-away-lock stuff on my 2019 HR-V EX yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My '19 as well. It threw me a bit. I have come to believe that there is a bit of a delay in accessory shutdown. i.e. if I unplug phone from carplay, have just closed rear or hatch door - seems to be tied to the beeping sequence.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2019 EX does this on occasion as well, it's just the car thinking the keys are still inside and it's letting you know that it won't lock because it thinks the keys are still inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2019 ex does this frequently and i haven't found the reason. You either reopen and close the door or lock the doors with the fob when it happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have this on my 2021 HRV....Sounds like a manufacturer’s problem so what are we to do besides deal with it?

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 2018 crv. The night before doors locked just fine. I go out next morning to get something out of car. Never touched start button. And after closing door and walking away it made the raid beeps So the run/start mode did not apply here

1 - 17 of 17 Posts