Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Hrv. I have my door settings set to.walk away lock. Sometimes when I exit vehicle I get a series of rapid beeps and door does not lock. I have keys in my purse and the vehicle is in park and engine is turned off. Why does this happen?
This just happened to me last night and for me, my lights were switched off from auto mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 does this when I exit the running vehicle and pass in front or behind the vehicle. So bloody annoying.

In my case, I'm sure it's the, "Hey you left your car on, where do you think you're going?" beeps. Ive poked all around the hidden settings menu and have found nothing.

I'm at the dealership right now for a service, I'll ask about it. I'm sure I'll get the blow off, but if I do find out, I'll update this thread.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is not okay for sure. I just got my 2021 hr-v ex a couple weeks ago and it’s started doing this..I am not able to use the fob when it does this so I can’t just lock it with the fob. I have a feeling it might have to do with the start/stop button. Honda should definitely look into this as a recall somehow…
My 2022 HR-V does this occasionally even though I have the walk-away lock set up. Usually it auto-locks as it should.
Must be a timing issue....

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealer had their delivery tech guy come and check and he said there wasnt a way to disable the "Walk away auto-lock" beeps.

Trouble is, the 2018 doesnt have that option. It just beeps when the engine is running to let you know you left the car and it's running. So ¯\(ツ)

I do know in the advanced settings menu that you can alter the RGB values of each of the various colors you can set the radio display to and none of them stay, so that ability for it to update that part of the software is disabled. So even if there was a setting for it, editing it is probably also disabled.

Only option is to find the thing in the bumpers now that make it detect my FOB and kill it with fire ... or I suppose unplugging it would also work.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
679 Posts
So, for a while now, I've changed the way my keys are carried.

My HR-V's fob is still in the mini-pocket of my jeans, but my keys, that were originally clipped onto the main pocket next to my keys are now on the other side. It hasn't "randomly" beeped at me so far.

When it was next to each other it had gotten so bad that it was beeping almost every time I got out of the HR-V. I mean, its one thing when I have the engine running, it's another when the engine is off and it should be quiet. It seems the mass of metal, that makes up the keys and the "smart" key holder is causing some interference with the HR-V's ability to detect the fob. It actually beeped at me a couple time after I got IN my HR-V with the engine already running.

My 2018 does this when I exit the running vehicle and pass in front or behind the vehicle. So bloody annoying.

In my case, I'm sure it's the, "Hey you left your car on, where do you think you're going?" beeps. Ive poked all around the hidden settings menu and have found nothing.

I'm at the dealership right now for a service, I'll ask about it. I'm sure I'll get the blow off, but if I do find out, I'll update this thread.
The dealer had their delivery tech guy come and check and he said there wasnt a way to disable the "Walk away auto-lock" beeps.

Trouble is, the 2018 doesnt have that option. It just beeps when the engine is running to let you know you left the car and it's running. So ¯\(ツ)

I do know in the advanced settings menu that you can alter the RGB values of each of the various colors you can set the radio display to and none of them stay, so that ability for it to update that part of the software is disabled. So even if there was a setting for it, editing it is probably also disabled.

Only option is to find the thing in the bumpers now that make it detect my FOB and kill it with fire ... or I suppose unplugging it would also work.
Uh, you're misunderstanding the point of this thread... we want the HR-V to be quiet and auto-lock the vehicle when we leave, a feature that only works with the engine off anyway. Part of the process is for the HR-V to detect the fob is outside but still in range of it when closing the door, before it automatically locks the door as you walk away. It'll beep and won't engage auto-lock if it doesn't detect the fob.

And if you disable the sensors, you're making it worse. If you have auto-lock feature, it'll always beep because it'll never detect the fob when you close the the door (with engine off), even if you've decided to always manually lock the door. You have to turn off walk-away auto-lock. And if you're going to turn off the feature, then there's no point in disabling the sensors.

And when potentially even worse, it'll also beep every time you get in the HR-V with the engine already running (like I encountered).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Uh, you're misunderstanding the point of this thread... we want the HR-V to be quiet and auto-lock the vehicle when we leave, a feature that only works with the engine off anyway. Part of the process is for the HR-V to detect the fob is outside but still in range of it when closing the door, before it automatically locks the door as you walk away. It'll beep and won't engage auto-lock if it doesn't detect the fob.

And if you disable the sensors, you're making it worse. If you have auto-lock feature, it'll always beep because it'll never detect the fob when you close the the door (with engine off), even if you've decided to always manually lock the door. You have to turn off walk-away auto-lock. And if you're going to turn off the feature, then there's no point in disabling the sensors.

And when potentially even worse, it'll also beep every time you get in the HR-V with the engine already running (like I encountered).
I don't see on this forum where the genuflect option is, so you will just have to take my word for it.

My comment about disabling the sensor was satirical and meant to be funny.

Also, there have been some on here, like me, with 2018's and we do not have the "walk away lock feature". There are two ways the beeps will happen, if you exit the vehicle with the engine running and/or you have a 2019 or newer and your Walk Away Door Auto-lock function is turned. Now we also have obvious issues of neither of these working correctly sometimes or simply being annoying.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Any vehicle with keyless/pushbutton start had better beep/alarm warn you when you walk away with the key fob and the engine still running.

Some early pushbutton vehicles did not have this feature including our neighbours 2012 or so F150.
So his wife drives him to work, drops him off and he has the FOB in his pocket.
She drives off with no issue until she turns off the truck. But her husband across the city has the Fob!
This happened to my neighbors several times. A Ford recall (ECU reflash) fixed the issue to make sure warnings were enabled when the FOB left the running truck.

Google for more examples of what can happen if you park your pushbutton start car in your attached garage and walk away from the running vehicle and there is no warning.

Reactions: John35g

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Hrv. I have my door settings set to.walk away lock. Sometimes when I exit vehicle I get a series of rapid beeps and door does not lock. I have keys in my purse and the vehicle is in park and engine is turned off. Why does this happen?
Same issue in my 2021 CRV. I would say at least 80% of the time I use it it doesnt work. So annoying.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
679 Posts
Same issue in my 2021 CRV. I would say at least 80% of the time I use it it doesnt work. So annoying.
When it beeps, check where your fob is. Is it next to a bunch of metal or something else that could interfere with a signal?

Since I've moved my keys away from my fob (they're not attached to each other, but were clipped onto my pockets right next to each other), it has pretty much stopped beeping at me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just happened to me last night and for me, my lights were switched off from auto mode.
This same thing has been happening a lot to me with my 2019 Acura RDX. However, opening and shutting the door doesn't fix it. It continues to do it and it may happen 10 times before it finally quits. Sometimes I have to get back in, start the engine, then turn it off. Sometimes that helps, sometimes not. It's very frustrating.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts