Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Registered
I slammed the trunk shut one day and heard "SLOOSH" inside the metal

how did water get inside the door panel and how do i get it out?

how to stop water getting inside the door?

Thanks for any help.

Registered
2019 HR-V EX
There are supposed to be drain holes (or slots) in the bottom of the rear hatch (and side doors too, for that matter) that allow water to drain out. Over time, debris such as pollen can block these drains.

They should be in the inside seam indicated by the arrows.

You could verify that they are clean by inserting a pipe cleaner into them (WAIT! Are pipe cleaners still available? 馃え :giggle: ) or a plastic zip-tie.

Registered
Has anyone had any water accumulation in the rear hatch door? When opening and closing the hatch we can hear water sloshing around. We pulled one of the panel clips loose and were able to drain off most of the water any ideas out there?
I had the same model from new last year started accumulating water inside the rear door and the tire well by the buckets every time it rains. Took the car w 3 years 38K miles to Honda since is a body defect to let rain water in at 3 yrs 38K miles . Honda told me that they wanted $250.00 labor and $80 parts to star changing seals to try to determine which one was leaking. I told the dealer that in 41 years buying cars this was the first time I got a car that it was leaking so muck water after 3 yrs. I refused to fix it Honda refused to fix it. This facts indicated to me that craftsmanship and materials were cheap and unreliable. Since Honda did not fix it and I was not going to fix it for the principle that is a 3 yrs old car, I traded the car.

Registered
There are supposed to be drain holes (or slots) in the bottom of the rear hatch (and side doors too, for that matter) that allow water to drain out. Over time, debris such as pollen can block these drains.

They should be in the inside seam indicated by the arrows.
View attachment 30189
You could verify that they are clean by inserting a pipe cleaner into them (WAIT! Are pipe cleaners still available? 馃え :giggle: ) or a plastic zip-tie.
Has anyone had success in stopping water in their hatch door by any of the troubleshooting or methods mentioned? My 2016 Honda HRV (I鈥檓 the original owner and never had this with my previous Honda CRV that I owned for 17 years) began collecting water inside the hatch door itself a month ago, during the pandemic. I opened hatch to put bags of groceries in and water started dripping out of the locking bar area and heard sloshing water. I lifted it up and down several times and each time I heard sloshing and had water dripping out. It drips into the trunk and outside the car depending on how high the hatch is. Every time it rains it fills with more and more water. I can鈥檛 put anything in trunk that could get damaged by water dripping water, for short or long periods. The hot summer is coming and the water will get moldy and smelly. And probably begin rusting the metal. In winter it will become a frozen block of ice, weighing down the hatch and that too, will become a safety hazard. I can not locate the weep holes in the photo provided in the thread with arrows. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts