Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 2021 HR-V. It has 500 miles on it. After two days of hard rain I noticed a familiar problem. Water pooled on the floor mat. The reason I traded in my last HR-V (a 2016), was due to interior leaks. The first had to do with faulty seals around the moon roof and finally along the top of the tailgate. The dealership fixed the first one. After four years, suddenly the tailgate would fill with water after a rain. It sloshed around and would rain out the bottom when I opened it. The dealership said their “seal guy” couldn’t be reached. When my service appointment was rescheduled the seCond time I decided to take it back and trade it. I have owned Honda CR-Vs since 2005 but didn’t have this problem until my 2016 HR-V. I’m sad and dismayed to see it happening again in my new car. This one doesn’t have a moon roof so I don’t know where the bad seal is. I’ll take it to the dealership if/when they find their “seal guy”. Apparently he only comes in on Wednesdays. I guess the fact that they even have a “seal guy” should tell me something. I don’t know whether I’ll be able to continue to be a loyal Honda customer. It’s disheartening to see that quality standards seem to be slipping.

· Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
442 Posts
Not to minimize your disappointment, but this is what I pictured after reading your question.

Does your '21 have the aluminum caps along the roof seams? Sometimes those leak from the body twisting on driveway approaches.

Can you tell where the water is coming in? Some Fits had water leaks from the inside door panel liners.

Hope you and the Seal Guy can resolve the issue!

· Registered
768 Posts
LOL, I highly suspect the dealer is giving you the run-around.

The "seal guy only comes in on Wednesdays"?!! Well that is creative!

I recommend to find another dealer.

· Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
210 Posts
We had a similar issue with our 2018 EX. Turns out it was a clogged drain tube from the sunroof.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a brand new 2021 HR-V. It has 500 miles on it. After two days of hard rain I noticed a familiar problem. Water pooled on the floor mat. The reason I traded in my last HR-V (a 2016), was due to interior leaks. The first had to do with faulty seals around the moon roof and finally along the top of the tailgate. The dealership fixed the first one. After four years, suddenly the tailgate would fill with water after a rain. It sloshed around and would rain out the bottom when I opened it. The dealership said their “seal guy” couldn’t be reached. When my service appointment was rescheduled the seCond time I decided to take it back and trade it. I have owned Honda CR-Vs since 2005 but didn’t have this problem until my 2016 HR-V. I’m sad and dismayed to see it happening again in my new car. This one doesn’t have a moon roof so I don’t know where the bad seal is. I’ll take it to the dealership if/when they find their “seal guy”. Apparently he only comes in on Wednesdays. I guess the fact that they even have a “seal guy” should tell me something. I don’t know whether I’ll be able to continue to be a loyal Honda customer. It’s disheartening to see that quality standards seem to be slipping.
I have the same issue with water in the passenger side and in the tailgate. It was blamed on the tree I park under and leaves collecting in the seams. Not all of us have the choice to park in a garage. I have street parking under a tree or parking in the alley, also under a tree. Those are my choices. I parked my CR-V, also with a moon roof, in the same place for 10 years and never had a problem. It's disappointing to hear that this is such a widespread issue. Makes me rethink whether I want to keep this car.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jmann, I bought my 2021 HR-V on February 17th. I have three issues with the car since I bought it and one of them is water leak on the passenger side interior. Every time it rains, water leaks into my car. I have brought this car into the dealership many times and my car is still not fixed.
Did they fix your HR-V ? Thx.

· Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
210 Posts
Hi -- can I ask how this was resolved? Did the clogged drain results in a lot of electrical problems?
As far as I am aware, they just blew the drain tubes out with pressurized air. I did not have any electrical problems. Just stains in the fabric at the top of the a-pillar.

· Registered
1 Posts
This puddle the passenger floor board happened to me. What was odd was it was on top of the floor mat and underneath. Dealership was a nightmare. They inspected the sun/moon roof tubes and AC lines and said nothing was wrong and wanted us to pick it back up. We told them to keep looking and we didn’t want to pick it up until they found the issue. A week later, they “recreated” the issue (probably because they wanted their loaner back) and found the passenger side mirror was leaking and sealed it. It’s rained several times since then and no leaks. Hopes this helps someone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts