Honda HR-V Forum banner

Water Leak on passenger side interior

19K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  dristr 
I have a brand new 2021 HR-V. It has 500 miles on it. After two days of hard rain I noticed a familiar problem. Water pooled on the floor mat. The reason I traded in my last HR-V (a 2016), was due to interior leaks. The first had to do with faulty seals around the moon roof and finally along the top of the tailgate. The dealership fixed the first one. After four years, suddenly the tailgate would fill with water after a rain. It sloshed around and would rain out the bottom when I opened it. The dealership said their “seal guy” couldn’t be reached. When my service appointment was rescheduled the seCond time I decided to take it back and trade it. I have owned Honda CR-Vs since 2005 but didn’t have this problem until my 2016 HR-V. I’m sad and dismayed to see it happening again in my new car. This one doesn’t have a moon roof so I don’t know where the bad seal is. I’ll take it to the dealership if/when they find their “seal guy”. Apparently he only comes in on Wednesdays. I guess the fact that they even have a “seal guy” should tell me something. I don’t know whether I’ll be able to continue to be a loyal Honda customer. It’s disheartening to see that quality standards seem to be slipping.
Hi Jmann, I bought my 2021 HR-V on February 17th. I have three issues with the car since I bought it and one of them is water leak on the passenger side interior. Every time it rains, water leaks into my car. I have brought this car into the dealership many times and my car is still not fixed.
Did they fix your HR-V ? Thx.