Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my HRV-EXL for about 5 weeks. Today when I left work I noticed a water stain over above the passenger door. We did have a fairly heavy rain earlier in the day. Although I never leave the windows cracked open, I double checked and it was shut tight.

Anybody else have this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have that exact same issue, but I keep forgetting about it because I never sit in back!!! Gonna go check it right now. Was hoping it would fade.

Edit: Just checked, and it did fade like 95% (still a slight discoloration there, but nobody but me would ever notice it at this point) ---

It was definitely not due to the window being down. And it strangely only happened on the left side.

Concerned about this going on for years though, and what effects it might have on the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is above the front passenger door. Only reason I noticed it is because I always put a sunshade across the windshield and saw the water spot when i took the shade off.

I keep the car in the garage and it hasn't been subject to as hard a rain as we had today.

I called the service dept and he said it sounds like the area where the drains for the sunroof are located.
Taking it in tomorrow to have it looked at.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE: 8 days later, car is still not ready. Turns out that the problem was a leak in the windshield...not a clog in the drain.

Parts are on backorder...2 have come in, waiting on the third.

I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They gave me '13 Fit...not too bad but it ain't my HRV!

Yeah, it's the seal. At first they thought it was a clog in the sunroof drain. They're replacing the headliner and will have the windshield resealed.

Maybe I should tell them to pay 1/3 of my monthy payment since I'll be without the car for at least 10 days.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have been keeping an eye on it, but not enough serious rain to check --- and it is fine going through a carwash. Very strange it happened that one time. Maybe the window was open a tiny crack? I will definitely update this thread if it happens again.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have been keeping an eye on it, but not enough serious rain to check --- and it is fine going through a carwash. Very strange it happened that one time. Maybe the window was open a tiny crack? I will definitely update this thread if it happens again.
Did I miss it? Is yours an EX-L?

Thanx.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wow that sucks. I wonder if this is a issue on more cars, but just haven't been noticed because it hasn't rained much in the rest of the country.

At least the dealership gave you a loaner, I guess, even if it literally is Honda's cheapest car. Still beats having to get a rental. I've had zero luck getting a loaner from the ones around here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Early on we got caught in crazy heavy rain, and my gf noticed some water staining in the headliner above passenger door. It's been through a car wash a few times and we didn't get any more staining, but I'm definitely going to have it looked at during the first maintenance if not sooner. And yup, EX-L here.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Early on we got caught in crazy heavy rain, and my gf noticed some water staining in the headliner above passenger door. It's been through a car wash a few times and we didn't get any more staining, but I'm definitely going to have it looked at during the first maintenance if not sooner. And yup, EX-L here.
Two EX-Ls and one phantom :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yes, EX-L ---- slight stain (now barely visible) above the rear left passenger seat, right behind and above the window.
Ah soka ... thank you,

Now, I wonder if it has something to do with the assembly process--a one-time glue, sealant, etc.--in which case your disappearing, slight stain is of little consequence.

Or, on the other hand, is it a water leak, exacerbated by heavy wind and rain?

Only a little ∆t will tell.

Regardless, EX owners contemplating installing 3rd-party rails may want to hold off until this issue is resolved.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts