Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I already told the service dept that i expect to see, at the very least, a set of all-weather floor mats in the car once i get it back.

i got a call from Honda Customer Service today after I reached out to them last week. They are trying to find a liner from another dealer (my dealer has no HR-Vs in stock).

The liners are due at the Parts Distribution Center on 8/9 and will be sent out to the 3 dealers who are waiting for them.

I find it kinda strange that 2 other people are also waiting on headliners.

·
Registered
805 Posts
OMG!! I can't believe that it's been so many days without your car. It's ridiculous. Thank you for posting about the leak. I'll keep my eye on it if it ever rains in California again. I have an EX.
My prediction remains: no rails no leaks ... EX, no leak.

One third party rail supplier's instructions showed drilling though the roof to install ... dunno how the OEMs are installed. We need a workshop manual. (I have several Japanese videos, but they don't address rail installation).

In the meantime the dealers should clearly identify the leak's source before replacing the headliner. Did they?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I already told the service dept that i expect to see, at the very least, a set of all-weather floor mats in the car once i get it back.

i got a call from Honda Customer Service today after I reached out to them last week. They are trying to find a liner from another dealer (my dealer has no HR-Vs in stock).

The liners are due at the Parts Distribution Center on 8/9 and will be sent out to the 3 dealers who are waiting for them.

I find it kinda strange that 2 other people are also waiting on headliners.
I think my car has been in the shop just as long. I have it now but the problem is still there. I picked it up and it had a dead battery so I don't know if that caused something to short (driver door won't lock by fob key have to insert key to lock it and it locks every time I go through the 10mph mark not just once but anytime I hit that mph) or if they just replaced everything they could and didn't bother checking to see if it fixed the problem (or even if the dead battery is somehow related). It's just an extra pain in the arse because the dealer is about 40 minutes away in an area I don't usually go to so it's more than a hour to drop it off. And their phone system stinks so it's very hard to get in touch with them. I'm just documenting everything at this point because I kinda feel I'm getting into lemon law territory. Sure it's not the transmission but if I go to sell it how am I to explain this issue. Anyway I'm bummed because I like everything else about the car. But I've been getting the runaround about the new parts not coming in, etc.

But I'm dropping it off again today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
279 Posts
No parts on new vehicles is very common, there has been no inventory of parts built up yet as all existing parts are headed to the factory. Not that it makes you any happier at all, but do know that this is not unusual on a new car for about the first year of production. My other car is a Fiat and some people were waiting for parts 4-6 months even when the car had been on the market for 2 full years. Seems simple to have parts on hand but it seems this is more difficult that imagined.

Honda will be okay after the first year easy enough, but these first few months will be frustrating to people when they need a part that is specific to the new vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
UPDATE: FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY got my car back today after 4 weeks.

Several issues were noted that all of you should know about. Fortunately, the service advisor took pictures and showed them to me. Even as a female who knows next to nothing about the mechanical aspects of a car, I could plainly recognize the shoddy work.

The windshield was NOT installed correctly on the assembly line. The machine that places the windshield into the opening set it up too high. At some point, there seems to have been an attempt to lower it into its proper position but evidentally it was not. Also, there was a glob of sealant left behind that caused issues. There were several places along the opening where it was evident that the windshield was not installed correctly.

In and earlier post, I mentioned that there were two other people (in Oregon and Texas) who were also waiting on the backordered headliners but it was unknown at the time if the other people had a water leak or a different issue. Turns out, they ALSO had water leaks very similar to mine so it seems as if they also had misaligned windshields.

The service tech that an incident report was sent to Honda so that if more HR-V owners have this issue that there will be a "service" recall.

Glad this ordeal is over....hopefully....

·
Registered
262 Posts
UPDATE: FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY got my car back today after 4 weeks.

Several issues were noted that all of you should know about. Fortunately, the service advisor took pictures and showed them to me. Even as a female who knows next to nothing about the mechanical aspects of a car, I could plainly recognize the shoddy work.

The windshield was NOT installed correctly on the assembly line. The machine that places the windshield into the opening set it up too high. At some point, there seems to have been an attempt to lower it into its proper position but evidentally it was not. Also, there was a glob of sealant left behind that caused issues. There were several places along the opening where it was evident that the windshield was not installed correctly.

In and earlier post, I mentioned that there were two other people (in Oregon and Texas) who were also waiting on the backordered headliners but it was unknown at the time if the other people had a water leak or a different issue. Turns out, they ALSO had water leaks very similar to mine so it seems as if they also had misaligned windshields.

The service tech that an incident report was sent to Honda so that if more HR-V owners have this issue that there will be a "service" recall.

Glad this ordeal is over....hopefully....
Thank you for the great information and taking the time to share it with us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my HRV for a little over a year. Unfortunately I was rear ended last month. A few days later it rained hard and I started getting a water spot on the headliner right behind the drivers side rear seat. Now unfortunately the insurance says it is a dealership warranty issue and the dealership hasn't seen it before and is saying to fight the insurance because it must be from he accident. Has anyone else noticed this problem recently in their HRV? I just want my car fixed and for someone to claim responsibility. ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
A BIG Negative!

Too many problems methinks.
Mine had a swimming pool in the passenger floor because some guy, or gal, in Ol' Mexico forgot to put in a short section of drain tube under the dash right side
Had to take out seats, console, carpeting, dry it out and cannibalize a tube. Seems ok now, but no garage means I have to cross my fingers, I guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2016 HRV LX AWD.
Noticed these rust stains on the passenger side headliner just ahead of the visor.
Had driven through some driving rain about two months ago.
No puddles or other indications of leaks just this stain.

Had the dealer put it on record and check with Honda Canada.
No Feed back yet.

C

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
day 14...still waiting on the last part to come in.

Wish someone could explain to me how a part needed on a 2016 vehicle can be on backorder.

Don't know when I've been this frustrated.
Sorry to hear your frustration on waiting for parts. It sucks to have something like this ruin a new car experience. I wanted to say that's its actually quite common for new cars parts to be back ordered. Most of the parts are being allocated for new production. A friend had an accident in a new Audi and the damage was bad, but reparable. However, when the parts we unavailable and unfamiliar/ very complicated to repair, the insurance co. decided to total the car and write him a check! The car had only been on the market for about 6 months.

No excuse for Honda after almost 2 year though, but your not alone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 HRV. Just went back a 2nd time for the same water leak. My drivers side floor fills with water after a heavy rain. First time I brought it in and they said that the water was coming from the drain from the sunroof that goes down the post. This drain is supposed to have an elbow shaped piece at the bottom that diverts water from the car. They got the piece, dried up the car and sent it back to me. Well our next heavy rain and I am filled with water again. Back at dealer. I will mention windshield to them. I am worried about mold and rust.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 HRV EXL and it's back at the dealer for the 2nd time, after a heavy rain. My drivers side floor fills with water. Under the mats and creeps up. First time they said it was missing the bottom elbow piece that is at the end of the drain from the sunroof. Theyou dried cat up and put on the piece. Now after last night's rain, it's back at dealers. Flooded again

·
Registered
1 Posts
HRV Water Leaking: Driver's Side

Is anyone else having water leakage problems in hard rains?

A few weeks ago there was over an inch of water in the driver's side floor after some hard rains.

The dealer lubricated the window track since the window wasn't always closing when I used the "auto" button.

The car was parked uphill this week during a storm and no leakage, but when I mover the car to the other side (downhill) water accumulated again and it wasn't a heavy storm.

The dealer will look at it again but I'm real concerned. The carpet is beginning to smell but I may have some recourse under the California Lemon Law if they don't resolve this problem after multiple attempts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is also front passenger door on my HRV....goes back to the dealer to fix tomorrow and I've only had it eight weeks. Apparently there are issues with missing plugs. First real problem out of the four Honda's I've owned, and I'm not happy about this.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts