Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just found this thread, I have a 2016 HRV EX that has had the same issues as everyone else. After a bad rainstorm found inches of water in my car on the drivers side floor.

I had to get insurance involved as water got into the electronics and shorted on my lights and killed my battery. Also the carpet had to be replaced.

Is this still an active thread? I am fighting to try and get Honda to own up this.. the dealer wants nothing to do with it since its out of warranty. I am out $2300 so far.

I am also finding rust under the dashboard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just wanted to confirm your findings. My wife works for a glass company in Richmond Her EX 2017 leaked the same as others. Dealership could not find issue. Her shop checked and also found windshield was installed incorrect. All the clips and packing had to be replaced. She made them give her a new 2017 because @ time they had no way at time to repair headliner also carpet padding was mold covered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just literally got a call today from Honda, they brought in a 3rd party water leak expert. Guess what! The water was coming in through bad seals on my stock windshield. This is after Honda having my car for over a month telling me they can't find a leak.

I'm now fighting to recoup all my money back, who know's how that will go. I honestly think this is a problem that should be addressed with Honda's. I am having trouble getting legal help.. but if we had a lot of us with the same problem we could try and force a class action.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just finding this thread.... we're had our LX for almost 2 years and today noticed a large wet spot on the rear driver side....not the front like everyone else. Has anyone had this happen towards the rear?
We live in FL so we have rain alllll the time and this has never happened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just finding this thread.... we're had our LX for almost 2 years and today noticed a large wet spot on the rear driver side....not the front like everyone else. Has anyone had this happen towards the rear?
We live in FL so we have rain alllll the time and this has never happened.
See images of my problem here: https://imgur.com/a/eLLXUih

Maybe its possible that the water is just running "behind" the molding if its a windshield leak? Does the problem look similar to mine.. any of the same symptoms?

My leak was almost undetectable from the source because all the water coming from the roof was being funneled by the plastic inside the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had my HRV EX for three years now and now have seen the same leak others have reported. Mine is on the drivers side just as in Ragnarok's picture. I have not pulled up the carpet to see if it is pooling on the floor board. I noticed a little dampness last fall on the upper panel right where the front of the door closes and kept an eye on it. I had no issues at all during the winter when we had snow and rain but it started leaking about three weeks ago and today when we had a big storm it was wet again. I'll take it in to the dealer on Monday and let them know about the possibility of the windshield and the sun roof drain. The passenger's side is dry as are the rear seats and back storage area.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have had my HRV EX for three years now and now have seen the same leak others have reported. Mine is on the drivers side just as in Ragnarok's picture. I have not pulled up the carpet to see if it is pooling on the floor board. I noticed a little dampness last fall on the upper panel right where the front of the door closes and kept an eye on it. I had no issues at all during the winter when we had snow and rain but it started leaking about three weeks ago and today when we had a big storm it was wet again. I'll take it in to the dealer on Monday and let them know about the possibility of the windshield and the sun roof drain. The passenger's side is dry as are the rear seats and back storage area.
Same problem here except I have an LX without a sunroof. I felt dampness on the driver's side firewall up behind the dash but could not see any water dripping. Just had the windshield replaced and will see what happens. The glass installer did not find any problems and suggested it could be a clogged drain from the windshield cowl but when he sprayed water it came out behind the front wheel well as it is supposed to. No problems over the winter with the snow. I am out of warranty so reluctant to take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to close the loop; it was a clogged sunroof drain. They cleaned both drains as well as the AC drain and things are fine. We had two strong rain storms and the interior is bone dry. We don't have a garage and the three years of tree flower and leaf cycles must have led to the build up and clog. It's weird as we have owned Hondas since 1992 and this is the first time this has happened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found this thread, I have a 2016 HRV EX that has had the same issues as everyone else. After a bad rainstorm found inches of water in my car on the drivers side floor.

I had to get insurance involved as water got into the electronics and shorted on my lights and killed my battery. Also the carpet had to be replaced.

Is this still an active thread? I am fighting to try and get Honda to own up this.. the dealer wants nothing to do with it since its out of warranty. I am out $2300 so far.

I am also finding rust under the dashboard.
Had the same problem the water was coming from the sunroof it was clogged but now I'm having problems with water in the tail gate coming from every screw in the back just little quantities but with time is getting water under the spare tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my HRV-EXL for about 5 weeks. Today when I left work I noticed a water stain over above the passenger door. We did have a fairly heavy rain earlier in the day. Although I never leave the windows cracked open, I double checked and it was shut tight.

Anybody else have this problem?
Yup happened 3times
I was told to clean my gutters
That’s nuts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 HR-V EX-L. Leaking in the rear passenger compartment and hatch for the second time. The first time (Mar 2021) the dealership replaced the spoiler over the hatch door, damaged the roof in the process, fixed that and sent us on our way. I live in Florida, so it rains here quite a bit. Yesterday evening, we had a big storm and hubby found new leaking this morning. I've already been in touch with our local retailer where I bought the car, new, in June 2018. Of course, now I am out of warranty so I'm hoping the service contract I purchased will pick up the slack. Some of the other sites I've looked at are suggesting that this is caused by issues at the manufacturing level and the welds in the body not being correctly sealed. Any thoughts?

Crystal

Mirror Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle
Plant Automotive tire Car Road surface Asphalt
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have a 2018 HR-V EX-L. Leaking in the rear passenger compartment and hatch for the second time. The first time (Mar 2021) the dealership replaced the spoiler over the hatch door, damaged the roof in the process, fixed that and sent us on our way. I live in Florida, so it rains here quite a bit. Yesterday evening, we had a big storm and hubby found new leaking this morning. I've already been in touch with our local retailer where I bought the car, new, in June 2018. Of course, now I am out of warranty so I'm hoping the service contract I purchased will pick up the slack. Some of the other sites I've looked at are suggesting that this is caused by issues at the manufacturing level and the welds in the body not being correctly sealed. Any thoughts?

Crystal

View attachment 34864 View attachment 34865 View attachment 34866
there are people on here that said they found some developed cracks under the roof rails - some sealer Honda uses cracks, and it allows water in here at the back of the car - roof level.
Search for that in these forums for pics etc.- and fixes for this.(If needed)

41 - 53 of 53 Posts