Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Community Members,

We are very excited to announce that we are live from the new platform! We have been working hard over the past few months with leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you and your community. We have leveraged XenForo tools and features but added layers of modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and overall be more reliable. All of the valuable and informative content archived within your community is still here, even though the layout may look a bit different. Check out some of the new improvements:

Engage with your community wherever you are and on the go!
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and reliability are the foundation of this new platform.
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Easy to use and navigate.
We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed the clutter. The collapsed menu by your profile avatar will provide easy access to the most popular topics as well as Showcase and Gallery to view the latest photos from your fellow members.

Show off your own collection.
We have introduced “My Showcase” for you to build and display images of your own collection or wish list to the rest of the community. This is your opportunity to upload often and share your passion!

Feel the pulse of the community.
Your home page now features the most active topics, viewed photos, recommended reading and top contributing members. This will help keep you the most up to date on what’s happening in your community.

These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Please take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

~ HRVForum.com Community Support

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Until people get adjusted to the new forum. This is for people that like to look for new posts. Like the one we used to have on the right sidebar.

Goto the link below and bookmark it.

You can also click the three dots next to your user profile picture in the upper right and click popular.

Hamburger_icon.png

popular.png

Jeff M

·
Registered
5 Posts

this might be some helpful and useful information. in the [New Posts] filter, you can also filter the posts some more by narrowing down only threads you have interest in.

When you [Bookmark] pages, you can include tags in these bookmarks to help you filter where they go when you check the filter page. https://www.hrvforum.com/account/bookmarks

·
Registered
546 Posts
1st page of forums needs a “active/new threads” button.....It’s buried too deep right now

·
Administrator
25 Posts
1st page of forums needs a “active/new threads” button.....It’s buried too deep right now
Thanks for the reply,

Feedback noted/logged and we are looking at a way to add a feature for this already.

Standby for updates,

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
1,494 Posts
Have new/recent posts on sidebar like the old way. Right now needs to go back to new posts section after reading a new post to read more new post/thread. Unless there is an easier way of doing it I missed?

More background themes, Light is too bright and dark is too dark. :)

·
Administrator
25 Posts
Have new/recent posts on sidebar like the old way. Right now needs to go back to new posts section after reading a new post to read more new post/thread. Unless there is an easier way of doing it I missed?

More background themes, Light is too bright and dark is too dark. :)
10-4, agreed

Working on a solution for New/Recent Posts to be more visible.

Right now you have to go to the hamburger icon in the upper right-hand side to get to New Posts

Jeff M

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't remember whether this is a change from before or not, so perhaps it's not associated with the new interface.

But with this new format, I immediately noticed that the very first line of posts is an evolving time stamp. It starts out with 1 minute ago, then evolves to 1 hour ago, 1 day ago, 1 month ago, etc; at some point it turns into the date of the post.

This is well and good, but wouldn't it be easier to program, and easier for us to figure out, if it were just a time stamp, in the form of time; date? HPH

·
Administrator
25 Posts
I don't remember whether this is a change from before or not, so perhaps it's not associated with the new interface.

But with this new format, I immediately noticed that the very first line of posts is an evolving time stamp. It starts out with 1 minute ago, then evolves to 1 hour ago, 1 day ago, 1 month ago, etc; at some point it turns into the date of the post.

This is well and good, but wouldn't it be easier to program, and easier for us to figure out, if it were just a time stamp, in the form of time; date? HPH
I can put that as a suggestion in our feedback area to discuss with the teams.

I think this is the current default for the software

Jeff M

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Like dark mode, thumbs up button is placed where it makes sense now, loads very quickly, but agree with the points Einz made about the home page.

Overall different and will have to get used to new locations, v bulletin layout has been around for over a decade and I'll have to adapt lol

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It appears "unread posts" isn't synchronizing with tapatalk unread posts. I marked all read in the app (something that's been broken for months and seems to finally work again for this site!!), but when I refresh the new posts section on the desktop website it didn't show the same list. I marked read in both...will see how it reacts in the future.

Loving the desktop inline thread reply, this works really well..

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've noted that in our feedback sheet. Since changing the layout to the dark mode (darkness is great), the light skin is difficult for my eyes to adjust to.

Lee

·
Administrator
25 Posts
Quick Update

These are a few things that they are working on for us, so stay tuned for updates!
  • Followed (watched) content having a home base to navigate quickly to and allow users to manage their followed content.
  • A way to quickly access today's posts and active topics
Jeff M

1 - 20 of 50 Posts