2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting.

Here is Autoweek and sums it up:

http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews/gateway-drug-2016-honda-hr-v-first-drive

"Do I want it?
Do you want a little Honda SUV? We boldly predict that there are many, many thousands of car buyers who do.

Presumably these people want the same thing as CR-V buyers. They just have less cash to get started. They want a vehicle that fills every role—economical commuting, easy parking, functionality for a camping trip, space for the dog or a couple of kids or friends—and they don’t want the vehicle to bore them. They’d like it to seem sort of cool, and they don’t want to fear the elements.
The HR-V gets it all done, and it will be doing it while other big, go-to manufacturers like Toyota, Ford and Hyundai aren’t yet an option. Whether you want it or not, we’re having a hard time finding reasons to think the HR-V can go wrong.

How’s it drive?

Unfortunately, we didn’t drive it enough; we barely squealed a tire in passion, and then only in an empty parking lot. The drive opportunity came straight, flat and largely bogged with traffic.

It might not matter anyway. Many buyers will routinely drive the HR-V as we did in south Florida, and we doubt Americans bought 335,000 CR-Vs in 2014 based on that SUV’s transient dynamics at the limit of grip. It’s reasonable to think entry-crossover buyers are looking for reliably economic transport in whatever circumstances they might encounter, with as much utility as they can afford. They’d probably like their vehicle to reflect some sense of style, and maybe to instill a feeling of well-being when they’re in the driver’s seat. If that’s true, the HR-V fills the bill. "

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
True, but some of the reviews are reflecting this.

Also, just as we have seen with pricing which has proven to be exactly where we expected for months now, I would expect the driving experience to be between the Fit and the CRV.

Now the only thing we don't have is actual individual driving experience. Hope these start to show up on lots soon.

·
Registered
290 Posts
>> We got a home run

Based on the reviews I've read, it's a solid double.

Some reviews gush over it, some don't. All say it will be successful, and will meet the very modest sales targets. I think we all knew that a year ago.

Now we can start the two-week wait for our own test drives.

·
Registered
316 Posts
>> We got a home run

Some reviews gush over it, some don't. All say it will be successful, and will meet the very modest sales targets. I think we all knew that a year ago.

I'm thinking triple!

·
Registered
514 Posts
>> We got a home run

I'm thinking triple!

I think we will all have different opinions of it, but I'm with scooter only a solid double, maybe triple if I see it and test drive it, but in no way in my opinion is it a homerun as there are some features just missed or just not done in the best way. Hopefully it is a homerun for several though.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most definitely. I was talking about the majority of the reviewers so far.

Is it a performance vehicle? Of course not that's not the intent
Does it have things such as power seats? Of course not that's not the intent.

It's all about being the most versatile vehicle in it's class at the best price with the lowest ownership costs.

It's follows in the footsteps of the CRV with many of the attributes that it made it so successful for the past 10 years plus.

Watch out CRV there's a new guy in town.:)

And for those who disagree not a problem feel free to move onto the next vehicle as I'm sure Honda already has plenty of buyers waiting on the sidelines.

I think we will all have different opinions of it, but I'm with scooter only a solid double, maybe triple if I see it and test drive it, but in no way in my opinion is it a homerun as there are some features just missed or just not done in the best way. Hopefully it is a homerun for several though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Clearly NOT a home run. A road test will give you some idea of your comfort with it, but buying a car after a road test is like getting married after a first date...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL

Thanks for your opinion. Again the home run is more a summary of the overall reviews out so far. The question now is will sales over take the CRV.

Clearly NOT a home run. A road test will give you some idea of your comfort with it, but buying a car after a road test is like getting married after a first date...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts