Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my apps are standard and well known except for the MyTuner app which will let me listen to radio stations from all over the world (as long as that FM/AM station is streaming too).
Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology
Font Magenta Material property Screenshot Technology
Automotive lighting Rectangle Font Jewellery Symbol

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve used numerous apps such as YouTube (I have a free library going), Tune In & others, although I’m sure you can use relatively any app via Bluetooth that rocks your boat 😉
YouTube doesn’t work with CarPlay unless perhaps you have your iPhone with jailbreak or something. We’re discussing apps that specifically work with Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I don’t understand the appeal to this app unless it has some kind of exclusive content because there are so many free apps that offer similar content.
The only time I really appreciated having xm was in college I had a 2 hour drive in bluff country with no radio station or consistent cell coverage. You can listen to one radio station on a coast to coast road trip using zero data on your phone and no effort hunting for your favorite music style

That said, now I try and remember to download podcasts or music before long trips. Slightly more effort but still free

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
The only time I really appreciated having xm was in college I had a 2 hour drive in bluff country with no radio station or consistent cell coverage. You can listen to one radio station on a coast to coast road trip using zero data on your phone and no effort hunting for your favorite music style

That said, now I try and remember to download podcasts or music before long trips. Slightly more effort but still free

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I wish that was my experience. I attempted to use it on a cross-country trip and it constantly went in & out, I’m guessing due to the constant movement of the satellite. Regardless, it was relatively useless & I was glad I had brought a bunch of CDs with me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts