Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 568 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I Paid for my HR-V

All,

I guess since we're close, its time to start a thread with postings of actual prices paid for HR-Vs.

I suggest this format:

Model/Price/Dealer

Please try to keep dealer addons out of the equation.

Happy Hunting!!!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
All,

I guess since we're close, its time to start a thread with postings of actual prices paid for HR-Vs.

I suggest this format:

Model/Price/Dealer

Happy Hunting!!!

I think this a great idea for a thread. It will also help us determine the best way to get the best price.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, BP. That's what I was thinking. I don't care who I buy the car from. This is business. Nothing emotional about it. Service depts. are separate from sales and a profit/loss center so they will work with anyone who comes through the door.

EVERYTHING is negotiable. I've even gotten extended warranty at $100 over cost, which made it worth it.

The point is to find out which dealers are hungry for the business and want to drive up volume, since they get rebates from Honda based on that.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks, BP. That's what I was thinking. I don't care who I buy the car from. This is business. Nothing emotional about it. Service depts. are separate from sales and a profit/loss center so they will work with anyone who comes through the door.

EVERYTHING is negotiable. I've even gotten extended warranty at $100 over cost, which made it worth it.

The point is to find out which dealers are hungry for the business and want to drive up volume, since they get rebates from Honda based on that.
Very true.
Starting with research online with forums like this is a great start as you get to find out which exact dealers to target.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thought this should come back on top as we're getting close. please show a copy of the bill of sale.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a deposit down on a FWD EX 6MT in Modern Steel, My dealer said with this brand new car there won't be any ability to negotiate on the price. So I'll be paying whatever the MSRP is from Honda, plus destination. However I hope to make up the difference by having them push up the cost of what they'give me on my trade in.

They said there is a dealership $80 doc's fee.

plus registration and all that state junk (I assume $300-400)

and WA sales tax 9.5% :-(

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I have a deposit down on a FWD EX 6MT in Modern Steel, My dealer said with this brand new car there won't be any ability to negotiate on the price. So I'll be paying whatever the MSRP is from Honda, plus destination. However I hope to make up the difference by having them push up the cost of what they'give me on my trade in.

Envying your doc fee.....ours is around 400 in AZ. :(

·
Registered
741 Posts
That's actually a nice discount for those that served, $500 off goes a long way when you consider what that can buy, $500 in gas... that goes a long way.

But i'm sure there are some people who will think even $1000 would be better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
All,

I suggest this format:

Model/Price/Dealer

Happy Hunting!!!
I am searching for how to make a google spreadsheet available to everyone. It might be more helpful to collate the data in one spreadsheet (or wiki on this site) instead of having to rummage through tons of posts. Just a thought. And, we have time, I think someone posted that Honda won't announce pricing until mid-May in another post. At this point, I've got really good deals on an Outback and Forest from dealers in VT. Will decide tomorrow when Honda announces release date.

·
Registered
202 Posts

Which dealer are you working with? I had Lynnwood and downtown contact me last year about the Fit after signing up on the website but none of them have contacted me about the HRV. Really interested in the new no negotiations no finance manager process over at Downtown.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Time for a separate thread for this topic. Doesn't serve anyone's interest to bury this important info in obscure other topics. So come on, step right up ans share with other forum members what kinds of early deals are going down and where!

·
Super Moderator
1,426 Posts
When the car is this new, the price will be MSRP for awhile. Unless no one is interested in them :).

I went to my dealer today and saw 5 on their lot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My dealer offered me for AWD EX automatic cvt for $23701 I countered at $23550.50. I did some name dropping to get what I got.

Maybe that is a reasonable deal for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When the car is this new, the price will be MSRP for awhile. Unless no one is interested in them :).

I went to my dealer today and saw 5 on their lot.
That's a generalization that dealers want you to believe. Yes, statistically most deals will go down at or near list in the first week or so, but a savy shopper can always find a way to get down to or near invoice. I've done it many times.;)

·
Super Moderator
1,426 Posts
That's a generalization that dealers want you to believe. Yes, statistically most deals will go down at or near list in the first week or so, but a savy shopper can always find a way to get down to or near invoice. I've done it many times.;)
Anyone knows the so called invoice price yet?

I'm going for a test drive this weekend. Let see how much they wanted to sell me the car.:)

1 - 20 of 568 Posts