Honda HR-V Forum banner

521 - 540 of 571 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I should've included I also had a $500 rebate from the recent grad program with approved .9% APR. So Knocking my total to be $20,323 for the Lx and a monthly of $~200 for 24 months.

Really think I got a great deal Especially in the bay area!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I should've included I also had a $500 rebate from the recent grad program with approved .9% APR. So Knocking my total to be $20,323 for the Lx and a monthly of $~200 for 24 months.

Really think I got a great deal Especially in the bay area!
Wow - excellent deal! Enjoy your new ride. I love the misty green.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Thinking about hopping aboard. I a viewing a new '17 EX 6 speed manual, FWD for $18,900 + tax (socal). Should be around $20,800 OTD. MSRP: 22,465

With that said, it's Q2 2018, should I be pushing for a better deal?

TIA!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey guys,

Thinking about hopping aboard. I a viewing a new '17 EX 6 speed manual, FWD for $18,900 + tax (socal). Should be around $20,800 OTD. MSRP: 22,465

With that said, it's Q2 2018, should I be pushing for a better deal?

TIA!
Take the current deal. If you’re willing to pay that and that’s the car you want, close it. While there is not high demand for the 6 speed manual, there aren’t that many available, either. The dealer will find a buyer for that unusual and well equipped HRV and you’ll go and try to find another one and pay more if you do. If it weren’t MT, I’d say you might help yourself taking any 17 model off the dealer’s hands and push for a price you like better. But once you find out that a 6 speed manual might be quite harder to find, you’ll know you pushed too hard for this one if you continue to counter offer.

The price is right in terms of your affording it? The car is right, just what you want, you see yourself happy with it? Buy it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yep I'd take it too, down here for the last six months any SUVs are getting premium prices and sedans are getting huge discounts. A friend was told recently at a hyundai dealership that they had'nt come off one dime from MSRP on any SUVs, for the past several months…

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'd take it! 2017s are getting harder to find and there are no real changes with the 2018 model other than the wheel color and shade of blue available.
Depending on where you live, manual tranny models can be hard to find.
You will love the features on the EX model.

·
Registered
519 Posts
You can confirm if you got a good quote by going to KBB, Edmunds, TrueCar and putting in your zip, trim levels, etc.
Also ask what that price includes. Does it include delivery fees, tax & title? Some dealers will slip in extras and then charge you for rubber floor mats, cargo tray, mud flaps, cargo cover, etc. accessories that you might not particularly want or can buy much less expensively elsewhere- all of which are easy to "install" yourself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just (Saturday) got a 2017 EX-L Nav and had a jerk of a sales guy (the dealership admitted he lied, and agreed that "We'll let that car rot on the lot and sell it back to Honda before we'll give you a better deal!!!" was not the best sales tactic) who also stuck $495 for all weather mats in somewhere along the way. It was a truly unpleasant deal and I reported that when they asked for a review -- surprisingly the sales manager called and is sending me $500 back, along with two not-beat-to-**** key fobs that actually match as replacements.

I didn't want to look at this thread because I know I overpaid, but...my favorite beautiful blue color and gray/tan leather, 197 miles including my test drive, includes all weather mats and splash guards, extra detail and extra tank of gas when I go back to have some minor things tweaked, two extra key fobs...sticker 27,100, doc fee 169, title fee 25, license 117, reg fee 1334, out the door for 27,300. It is my dream car so I need to just drive on, but how much do you think I left on the table?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, you overpaid a bit, i got a 2wd exl navi 2 weeks ago for 24,200, but they wouldnt budge on a 499 doc fee. No other fees or crap on the car.

As said above, look at your deal on truecar.com. It tells you what other people paid in your area. And it holds pretty much true.

That all being said, what you really don't hear too often is dealers don't have much stock of HRV's because they sell so well, and when they sell well, they sell for up there near MSRP because if you don't buy it, somebody else will… Now on the other hand, with an accord right now you can get 1000s thousands off , because they're slow selling. So you're trying to buy a hot product right now…It's a seller market for nifty little SUVs like the HRV, I also found the exact same "near MSRP" situation when I went looked at a Hyundai Tucson. Major metros are the highest right now, obviously.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sandy- so maybe you overpaid a bit, but you got your dream car in the color of your choice. It was decent of the dealer to give you back $500. Don't obsess about it.
I had a similar experience back in 2010 when I bought my Honda Fit. I waited a few weeks to get my color choice. The salesman was excellent & kept me updated on the delivery status. However the finance person raked me through the coals- fast talked and led me to believe I was getting something I actually did not get. Lied to me about cost of windshield replacement, etc. so I would buy coverage for that. I called and complained to the Manager of the dealership and they ended up giving me a free tint job since that is what I asked for.
I later found out that finance person was fired ;)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I got a 2016 in 2015 EX 2WD CVT for a bit over $28k. They charged $2k for a trunk tray, mud guards, and wheel locks. All of which I could've purchased elsewhere for under $200.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can confirm if you got a good quote by going to KBB, Edmunds, TrueCar and putting in your zip, trim levels, etc.
Also ask what that price includes. Does it include delivery fees, tax & title? Some dealers will slip in extras and then charge you for rubber floor mats, cargo tray, mud flaps, cargo cover, etc. accessories that you might not particularly want or can buy much less expensively elsewhere- all of which are easy to "install" yourself.
When looking at prices in my area the EX AWD is about 23,400. I know the dealer where I received the quote for 22,600 has a $399 doc fee because it is in NJ. If I went to the dealer next to my house the doc fee is limited to $75 because it is a NYS law. So if I went into my local dealer I would aim for 23,000.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks guys, I feel better now and ready to leave that experience in the rear view. Happy to have found this forum, already picking up lots of tips to keep it looking new for the next 17 or so years. (Both my Accord and replacement Civic lived to 17+ so why not, right?) Got my Poorboy's Natural Look and Meguiars Perfect Clarity on order to start my new detailing hobby. : - )

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks guys, I feel better now and ready to leave that experience in the rear view. Happy to have found this forum, already picking up lots of tips to keep it looking new for the next 17 or so years. (Both my Accord and replacement Civic lived to 17+ so why not, right?) Got my Poorboy's Natural Look and Meguiars Perfect Clarity on order to start my new detailing hobby. : - )
You need a paint sealant and polish:

One of The latest tech combos, with ease of application, is carpro essence extreme gloss enhancer and Carpro reload. Read about them on the autogeek store. Pm me if you need help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You need a paint sealant and polish:

One of The latest tech combos, with ease of application, is carpro essence extreme gloss enhancer and Carpro reload. Read about them on the autogeek store. Pm me if you need help.
I saw that in your info and looked at it, was thinking it was above my experience level. I'll read up and see if I have questions and maybe give it a shot when the weather gets a tad warmer, thanks!

521 - 540 of 571 Posts