Honda HR-V Forum banner

541 - 560 of 571 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I saw that in your info and looked at it, was thinking it was above my experience level. I'll read up and see if I have questions and maybe give it a shot when the weather gets a tad warmer, thanks!
trust me, its simple, like waxing a car, the products have changd, not the procedures.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
trust me, its simple, like waxing a car, the products have changd, not the procedures.....
So, for a 2017 that sat on the lot for 8 months, for "Prep: Wash, decontaminate, compound and prep vehicle for polishing" what procedures/products would you suggest? Serious newbie here worried about causing damage to my new baby.

·
Registered
552 Posts
i have written a series of docs that explain it all in a novice fashion, with emphasis on easy and simple...they are numbered, read them in order at your liesure. They are a sticky at the honda accord site and have been for 5 years:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/acxkaf44ctxbsgb/AACIMr-qZl7vdwVcVlC5djtQa?dl=0

in simple terms-impossible to do damage this way.....
wash car with dawn
clay it if it needs it.
wax on/ wax off carpro essence polish
wipe on carpro reload
maintain with a rinseless wash procedure

see the thread on my 1st detail here in the maint section

done- I just did my new hrv in 3 hours....I dont believe in slaving over a car all weekend

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is $19,999 a good price for an LX 2 wheel drive including destination? Only missing doc fee, tax and tags. I'm thinking good deal because most dealers seem to be losing interest in me, LOL.
Trying to get some add on's like splash guards, high walled floor mats, body side molding, and pin strip thrown in but was told no, so now asking to get those at cost. What do you think?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Is $19,999 a good price for an LX 2 wheel drive including destination? Only missing doc fee, tax and tags. I'm thinking good deal because most dealers seem to be losing interest in me, LOL.
Trying to get some add on's like splash guards, high walled floor mats, body side molding, and pin strip thrown in but was told no, so now asking to get those at cost. What do you think?
Best bet is go to KBB, Edmunds, TrueCar to get pricing for your year/model. Those sites will give you low/average/high price for your area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up my 2018 EX CVT in the bay area with wheel locks, moon roof visor, splash guard, cargo tray and High Mats for $26,000 OTD. I know i paid too much for the accessory but i think overall cost was ok.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I just picked up my 2018 EX CVT in the bay area with wheel locks, moon roof visor, splash guard, cargo tray and High Mats for $26,000 OTD. I know i paid too much for the accessory but i think overall cost was ok.
If that was AWD, it was a good price. If it was FWD, a bit high priced, I think. You don’t say which one. So I’m guessing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
South Louisiana. HRV-EX Stock out the door $25000 flat---------HRV plus destination only $22,500 Tax rate here a little over 9%.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Welcome Bubbles!- what color did you get ? Post photos when you can. Sounds like an awesome price. Lots of good info & advice here.

I think you will enjoy your HR-V. Most complaints seem to be from folks who have driven more luxurious cars. For me the HR-V is a step up from my Fit and I love it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Welcome Bubbles!- what color did you get ? Post photos when you can. Sounds like an awesome price. Lots of good info & advice here.

I think you will enjoy your HR-V. Most complaints seem to be from folks who have driven more luxurious cars. For me the HR-V is a step up from my Fit and I love it.
Thoroughly agree with SooznD. I have the identical HRV as she does and I stepped across, if not up, from a 20 year old RAV4L AWD. It was pretty vanilla, but a fun car and the HRV is quite deluxe compared to it.

Best of luck with your new car, Bubbles, and enjoy its many features, comfort, and reliability with miles of smiles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long Island, New York, $23,775 plus NYS tax for a EX. I'm so excited! My 2008 Fit was totalled otherwise I would still be driving it. Needed AWD and higher vehicle for snow.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Long Island, New York, $23,775 plus NYS tax for a EX. I'm so excited! My 2008 Fit was totalled otherwise I would still be driving it. Needed AWD and higher vehicle for snow.

Congrats- Good price! What color?
I got my 2017 HR-V because my 2010 Fit with <60K was totaled in an accident. Love the AWD and higher riding position plus all the new technology.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 HR-V Ex AWD / $24,350 OTD / Randy Kuehl in Cedar Rapids IA

I got a modern steel exterior version yesterday. Sticker price was $25,227 because of splash guards, door edge guards, anti theft wheel locks add-ons.

This forum was very helpful. I'm a first time Honda owner and I'm very excited about my HR-V.

541 - 560 of 571 Posts