Honda HR-V Forum banner

561 - 580 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 2018 LX base model (no extras) for my daughter and have been offered $19.5k + doc fee + taxes . I still think there is so room to negotiate, but just wondering whether this seems reasonable. There does not seem to be many folks here buying the LX, but does seem like a good deal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So we picked up our Aegean Blue 2018 LX last week for $21300 OTD. It’s heading to Florida for our daughter after her mini suffered catastrophic engine failure. I think we got a reasonable deal, but I have to change those headlight bulbs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
Check out sites like TrueCar, KBB, and Edmunds for your zip code and trim level to ensure your pricing. If these sites show lower, then you have room to negotiate. But vehicles like the HRV do not have much wiggle room.

Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a note on KBB, Edmunds, Truecar. Get a separate email account because they will hound you. Same thing for dealer online price quotes.

·
Super Moderator
1,552 Posts
Also get a free google phone number. You can ignore all their calls and send everything to voice mail. I never spoken to anyone on my last few purchases. All done with email.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the 2020 lx awd is going for 28,500 (freight included) + 13% tax in ontario canada . approx 1,000$ more than the identical 2019 , ouch .

I prefer leasing for a variety of reasons . as of now , when crunching the numbers of loyalty discounts , lease rebate I can lease a crv lx awd for just 25 bucks more a month . if not for the oil dilution issue it would be a no brainer to go with another CRV .

if the euro version of the HRV is any indicator of the future version in north america Im worried its going to have a DI turbo like the CRV and have same OD problems .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all! I’m considering an offer of $22.5k out the door (that’s after tax and all fees) for a new 2019 Sport AWD, this includes some dealer options (wheel locks and pin striping). I’ve checked Edmonds and Truecar and all that and it seems like a good deal, but it’s hard to tell exactly because even those “what others paid” prices don’t always include taxes and fees. Opinions?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all! I’m considering an offer of $22.5k out the door (that’s after tax and all fees) for a new 2019 Sport AWD, this includes some dealer options (wheel locks and pin striping). I’ve checked Edmonds and Truecar and all that and it seems like a good deal, but it’s hard to tell exactly because even those “what others paid” prices don’t always include taxes and fees. Opinions?
In January 2020 I bought a 2019 2WD LX for 2500 under sticker, so that might be a good point of reference for you. Maybe the Sport trim is higher demand that the LX, but then again, it is a 2019 you're looking at and it's 2020 and a lot of buyers probably want a 2020, so I'd try for at least $2500 under sticker. Remember, the dealer add-ons (I did not have any) are marked up very much, so look at the MSRP before the dealer add-ons. I would also say that I've driven hard bargains at my Honda dealer over the years and once I had to walk, then they called me two days later and accepted my offer. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In January 2020 I bought a 2019 2WD LX for 2500 under sticker, so that might be a good point of reference for you. Maybe the Sport trim is higher demand that the LX, but then again, it is a 2019 you're looking at and it's 2020 and a lot of buyers probably want a 2020, so I'd try for at least $2500 under sticker. Remember, the dealer add-ons (I did not have any) are marked up very much, so look at the MSRP before the dealer add-ons. I would also say that I've driven hard bargains at my Honda dealer over the years and once I had to walk, then they called me two days later and accepted my offer. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Hi Ron, thanks for the reply. When you say “$2500 under sticker” you’re talking about the all-in, out the door price is $2500 under sticker?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Ron, thanks for the reply. When you say “$2500 under sticker” you’re talking about the all-in, out the door price is $2500 under sticker?
I'm in California, and the Sticker Price (MSRP) includes the destination charge. So yes, my sales contract "total cash price" was actually 18,300 (just looked). Of course this doesn't include sales tax and licensing fees (In CA dealers can do all of the DMV transactions) and a $55 doc prep fee.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in California, and the Sticker Price (MSRP) includes the destination charge. So yes, my sales contract "total cash price" was actually 18,300 (just looked). Of course this doesn't include sales tax and licensing fees (In CA dealers can do all of the DMV transactions) and a $55 doc prep fee.
Ah, ok, understood. I’m in Maryland, and my “all-in” price of 22500 is after all taxes and fees. It’s literally the out the door price. I guess the pre-tax and gov’t fees/doc fee price would be about 2000 less, so 20500.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ah, ok, understood. I’m in Maryland, and my “all-in” price of 22500 is after all taxes and fees. It’s literally the out the door price. I guess the pre-tax and gov’t fees/doc fee price would be about 2000 less, so 20500.
You're negotiating the "total cash price", the sales tax is something you can't negotiate as well as any Gov't fees. Don't mix apples and oranges when negotiating, remember it's the "total cash price" on the sales contract which is before the tax and fees. Be sure the dealer doesn't add on too many dealer fees (my only dealer fee was a doc fee of 55). My total cash price was 18,300, then a dealer doc fee of 55; 1422.51 sales tax; CA DMV electronic filing fee of 29; 119 license fee; 88 title registration, 8.75 CA tire fee for a grand total of 20,022.26.

Edited some numbers above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
  • You're negotiating the "total cash price", the sales tax is something you can't negotiate as well as any Gov't fees. Don't mix apples and oranges when negotiating, remember it's the "total cash price" on the sales contract which is before the tax and fees. Be sure the dealer doesn't add on too many dealer fees (my only dealer fee was a doc fee of 55). My total cash price was 18,300, then a dealer doc fee of 55; 1422.51 sales tax; CA DMV electronic filing fee of 29; 119 license fee; 88 title registration, 8.75 CA tire fee for a grand total of 20,022.26.

Edited some numbers above.
    Thanks. Unfortunately here, they don’t include the destination in any of the online quotes but do include every single discount whether it qualifies or not, and they don’t split out all the licensing/registration fees separately, it’s all lumped together. Our doc fee is higher at about 300 and that’s pretty much a given here. They also don’t seem to honor anything quoted as “total cash price” because there are always things in the fine print, so, I’ve just been focusing on what my cost is to drive it away and if they can meet my target or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a quote for a new old-stock 2019 HR-V EX AWD for 23.6 out the door (Plus TTL of course). Is this a good price?

561 - 580 of 593 Posts