Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2020 Canadian Sport. Looking at some aftermarket stuff and see listing for say 2018 etc but can't figure out if fit Anyone clarify for me?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
580 Posts
There have been two generations of the HR-V on sale, with a third already on sale in some markets.

The first generation was released in 1999, and was promoted as the 'Joy Machine' with adverts of the HR-V pissing on a dog.

You got to love late 90's presentation styles:

It even came with AWD which was not even an option on the MkII in Europe.

The 1st generation was on sale (in the UK) until 2006, and even though it was highly regarded, for reasons only known to Honda, they discontinued it withour releasing a replacement.

The 2nd gen was released in some markets in 2015, and received a facelift in 2019. From what I have read this is purely a cosmetic and equipment upgrade, so the main dimensions will remain the same. The only thing that I can see that has changed from pre-facelift to facelift is the front grill and headlight arrangement, I don't think they are interchangeable.

I'm slightly confused when it comes to the 3rd gen and the NA market. Some are quoting it is getting a different HR-V to the rest of the world, so that is something that a NA member would be able to clarify.

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD
95 Posts
I'm slightly confused when it comes to the 3rd gen and the NA market. Some are quoting it is getting a different HR-V to the rest of the world, so that is something that a NA member would be able to clarify.
The US is a year behind the rest of the world. Most of the markets in the world will be getting the new re-design for 2022. However the US will not be getting the re-design until 2023.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The US is a year behind the rest of the world. Most of the markets in the world will be getting the new re-design for 2022. However the US will not be getting the re-design until 2023.
Thank you to both of you for the clarification. Even North America has different levels. The USA has 5 where as in Canada there are only 4. My Sport is third of 4 where as it appears to have few std options as #3 in the US.

I see some nice grille options but cannot tell if it would fit or not. Did the upper part between headlights change dimensions? I bought some chrome surrounds for the rer lower reflectors and they do not fit. Ad said hrv and \Vezel to 1918. -(. So if anyone is interested in them?

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD
95 Posts
The USA has 5 where as in Canada there are only 4.
Last I checked, the US only had 4 trim levels. LX, Sport, EX, and EX-L. And the biggest differences used to be between the LX, EX, and EX-L, with the Sport trim being just a slight upgrade of the LX. Now it's really just LX, Sport, and EX/EX-L.

Reactions: rszappa1

·
Registered
73 Posts
The only differences between the LX and Sport are cosmetic. The Sport has some added color matched (or just painted black?) body panels and has a leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. No Honda Sensing on the LX/Sport (which is why I didn't buy the Sport for less money and a longer warranty). The EX is the price leader and biggest seller. It has Honda Sensing, upgraded head unit (with Android Auto/Apple Carplay). The EX-L adds an autodimming mirror, leather wrapped wheel and seats, maybe a power drivers seat (I can't remember) and a 450hp twin turbocharged V6. Kidding about the motor. :( No more Touring model in the US and none of the trim levels are what you'd call opulent or luxurious.

All of that is for the US market.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The only differences between the LX and Sport are cosmetic. The Sport has some added color matched (or just painted black?) body panels and has a leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. No Honda Sensing on the LX/Sport (which is why I didn't buy the Sport for less money and a longer warranty). The EX is the price leader and biggest seller. It has Honda Sensing, upgraded head unit (with Android Auto/Apple Carplay). The EX-L adds an autodimming mirror, leather wrapped wheel and seats, maybe a power drivers seat (I can't remember) and a 450hp twin turbocharged V6. Kidding about the motor. :( No more Touring model in the US and none of the trim levels are what you'd call opulent or luxurious.

All of that is for the US market.
On thing the sport has is a close ratio steering box...the others do not...and fog lights...and a smoke colored grill along with 18 inch wheel with 225 width tires...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I didn't know about the different steering ratio. My EX has fog lights. The smoked grille would be cosmetic. I forgot about the bigger wheels although it's an HRV. Not really sure what iimprovements that would make. :) The Sport definitely looks better than the rest of the line up.

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD
95 Posts
I didn't know about the different steering ratio. My EX has fog lights. The smoked grille would be cosmetic. I forgot about the bigger wheels although it's an HRV. Not really sure what iimprovements that would make. :) The Sport definitely looks better than the rest of the line up.
The larger wheels make for shorter tires with stiffer sidewalls. Less tire roll when turning so the car leans less. That's really about it. Does give you a little bit rougher ride as well.

@MONK For the 2021/2022 listings, I see they have the Sport showing the Android Auto, but I don't recall seeing that it had it when I was shopping around. Also in 2018 and before, the Honda-Sense features were limited to the EX-L. It also had navigation. The explanation I was given at the dealership was that they moved all those extra features to the EX from the EX-L because no one wanted to pay the extra few grand it cost for leather and navigation. So now the EX-L is mostly just a leather upgrade with two or three small premium features like the power seat and auto-wipers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The larger wheels make for shorter tires with stiffer sidewalls. Less tire roll when turning so the car leans less. That's really about it. Does give you a little bit rougher ride as well.

@MONK For the 2021/2022 listings, I see they have the Sport showing the Android Auto, but I don't recall seeing that it had it when I was shopping around. Also in 2018 and before, the Honda-Sense features were limited to the EX-L. It also had navigation. The explanation I was given at the dealership was that they moved all those extra features to the EX from the EX-L because no one wanted to pay the extra few grand it cost for leather and navigation. So now the EX-L is mostly just a leather upgrade with two or three small premium features like the power seat and auto-wipers.
and the quick ratio steering makes it very crisp...

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I leased my 2021 EX, there was a 2020 Sport sitting next to it on the showroom floor. I could have purchased that for about $1k less and being a CPO, would have gotten a 4 year warranty instead of the 3 year on a new car. That one didn't have Android Auto/Apple Carplay nor did it have Honda Sensing. That's all I can go by as far as when all of that was offered on the Sport trim level.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts